Where can I buy 5 pin STAX male headphone jack?
Jan 18, 2004 at 6:27 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by Snake
Thread resurrection.

Dear Uncledan:

Would you consider please posting the wiring diagram for your Stax to HE60 adapter?

Thank you.

Here you go:

stax male===========he60 female
2=======================1
5=======================3
3=======================4
4=======================6
1=======================2,5

if it is out of phase then flip pins 1 and 3 at the sennheiser end (or equivalent)

Jan 19, 2004 at 3:42 AM Post #17 of 21
File saved

Thank you
lambda.gif

Dec 31, 2004 at 6:52 AM Post #18 of 21
My KGSS should be here in a day or two and I too am looking to build the HE-60 to Stax adaptor. Have some noob questions as this is the first time I am trying to DIY.
1) The allied electronics part no. is 719-4027 and not 719-4207 as mentioned above? This WPI part can also be bought from Newark electronics for a bit less.

2) How is the pin numbering done for the Stax male jack? Looking from the front of the male jack with the notch (the protruding part on the top of the jack which ensures that it can fit into the female jack only when properly aligned) how is the pin numbering done?
N
5 1
4 6 2
3) The pin numbering for HE-60 jack looking from the front of the jack (cable part away from you) is from left to right? (1,2,3,4,5,6)

4) How do I solder the wire to stax male jack? On the rear side of the jack the conductors are not protruding out from the body and only the teflon body is visible.
Thanks for the info
Rohit

Jan 2, 2005 at 11:34 AM Post #19 of 21
Nevermind. I figured it out. the amphenol connector inside the WPI part has the pin no.s written on it.
The pin diagram shown above has the right channel out of phase. The correct pin diagram should be

stax male===========he60 female
2=======================1
5=======================3
3=======================6
4=======================4
1=======================2,5

btw the HE-60 is sounding amazing with the KGSS
orphsmile.gif

Nov 28, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #20 of 21
hello
I have found this, where I just bought male and female plugs
http://www.moon-audio.com/stax-5-pin-din.html
hope it will be useful
if the liçnk is not accepted, found them on moon audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back