Where can I audition headphones in Vancouver?
May 13, 2004 at 1:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Gummy

100+ Head-Fier
I hope this is the right forum to ask.

Where can I audition high-end cans in Vancouver BC?
Preferrably downtown
tongue.gif

May 13, 2004 at 2:04 AM Post #2 of 13
Pssh, I'm in the same boat. I wish I knew more place in Pittsburgh that sold high-end headphones. Hell, I wish I knew 1
cool.gif

May 13, 2004 at 2:38 AM Post #4 of 13
You should have come to the meet. Lots of high end cans were there and no salesmen to worry about or pressure you.

May 13, 2004 at 3:04 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Watchdog
You should have come to the meet. Lots of high end cans were there and no salesmen to worry about or pressure you.

D'oh!
I found out about head-fi too late!
Guess I should go to the metting forum more often

edit: ygpm

May 13, 2004 at 6:25 AM Post #6 of 13
Starting from Downtown, try Hi-Fi Centre on Seymour one door south of A&B Sound. They have the current Grado line, Sennheisers, and maybe more. They've got a few amps, and a good variety of sources. Check out the Naim gear. On Burrard, near Nelson-ish is Commercial Electronics. You might still find the Omega IIs, and Baby Orpheus. They carry Senns, and Beyers, and maybe more. They seem to have put much focus on Home Theater of late. They've got a variety of service though, so it's a place you could wander around in. On the South side of the Burrard bridge, a few blocks west, and on 4th is the Sound Room. They have Sennheiser phones, some cool budget cd players, and some gear from very name-droppable companies. Broadway and Cambie-ish is Sound Plus. More Sennheisers, and a good place for Arcam fans. They had a visit from the Sennheiser Orpheus for their grand opening. Signature Audio is about 5 blocks south on Cambie, and carries Grado. They've got Cary, Conrad Johnson, and other insane stuff. They're also good for you guys who like fancy audio-nerd cds. Now these shops aren't the only ones to carry cool phones, but they're the only ones I know of downtown, or on the west side that has sources to match (and surpass
eek.gif
).

Other stores that carry Sennheisers are London Drugs, A&B Sound, and for the budget conscious: Tom Lee Music. Happy shopping, and god bless. (We need a Bob Ross smiley - big afro hair.)

May 13, 2004 at 7:03 AM Post #7 of 13
eek.gif

Thanks so much for the detailed list!
I'll for sure check these places out.

Hope they would carry more than just Senn and Grado though :\
Why can't there be a real headroom right next block!

Think of the time I'd spend in there
600smile.gif

May 13, 2004 at 7:13 PM Post #9 of 13
Man, I cannot believe that there are so many shops I never heard of here! Actually, my dream if I ever won the lottery is to open a Hi-Fi store. I thought that there are very few shops for the town of this size but now it doesn't look quite that way.

May 17, 2004 at 12:28 AM Post #13 of 13
has anybody checked out the stores yet? if so, can anybody tell me what the prices of mdr-v6/7506 and grado sr-60 are? i am a newbie who lives in port coquitlam and plan to buy an upgrade to my koss ksc-55. i would really appreciate it because i don't go to downtown often. thank you!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back