Where are you Canadians buying your IEMs?
Aug 14, 2008 at 9:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Repooc

Head-Fier
Hi all,

Just wanted to know where most of u canucks are buying your gear?

I bought my first IEMs (Ety Er6i's) from here on this site, as I found most online retailers and ebay to be out of country and charged WAY too much for shipping of an item that hardly weighs 1 pound.

Even still my Ety's were used and came from Arizona, but the seller was honest and gave me a REAL price on shipping and didn't try to make profit on that too.

BTW, I'm located in Toronto, if that helps any

(42 more posts to go)

Aug 15, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #2 of 8
Well I bought my one and only iems from soundearphones.com, and they offer free shipping for international orders if they are greater than $150. But I couldnt wait, so I paid the $17 for USPS priority, though I did end up getting a $30 custom charge from Canada Post.

Aug 15, 2008 at 10:37 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5tranger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I bought my one and only iems from soundearphones.com, and they offer free shipping for international orders if they are greater than $150. But I couldnt wait, so I paid the $17 for USPS priority, though I did end up getting a $30 custom charge from Canada Post.

That's pretty much always going to happen, it's PST and/or GST or HST (depending on where you live, I'm only charged GST) plus a $5 brokerage fee. The brokerage fee via USPS/Canada Post is dirt cheap compared to what it would be if were UPS, Fed Ex or other carriers of that ilk.

Aug 15, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The brokerage fee via USPS/Canada Post is dirt cheap compared to what it would be if were UPS, Fed Ex or other carriers of that ilk.

It's still a callous rip-off just not as criminal as the racket that UPS have going where they divert everything to their own wholly owned brokerage firm who've developed a new revenue stream boning you for unrequested and exhorbitant brokerage fees.

Aug 16, 2008 at 6:19 AM Post #6 of 8
i got my um-1 from earphonesolutions.com as they offer free shipping to Canada for orders higher than 98usd. Apparently i only got to pay the price in the site only without any custom duty or tax.

Aug 16, 2008 at 6:41 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Earphonesolutions too.

Yup. Free shipping on my Triple.fis.
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back