Where are the "Warbler Prelude" CIEMs?
Apr 28, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #6 of 9
Apr 28, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #7 of 9
Below is the website for Warbler Audio. They released their first CIEM recently, it's called "Prelude". The result of 5 years of work.

Very promising model and very promising company.

http://www.warbleraudio.net/

Website looks good, however, does it really take 5, 6 years to come up with one CIEM and such basic catalog? It just seems like either a lack of resource, money or man power to survive in such fiercely competitive market. There is only so far an 'overdevelopment' marketing is gonna take you.
That being said, best luck in the venture and could wait to try one and find out how good the single driver is:)

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #8 of 9
Website looks good, however, does it really take 5, 6 years to come up with one CIEM and such basic catalog? It just seems like either a lack of resource, money or man power to survive in such fiercely competitive market. There is only so far an 'overdevelopment' marketing is gonna take you.
That being said, best luck in the venture and could wait to try one and find out how good the single driver is:)

I am not sure if the main reason was lack of money or resources, but seems main reason was to reach desired level of quality. If you read the story it states that they have started with 3 drivers, then came to 2 drivers and finally decided just 1 driver can be enough. After deciding 1 driver design, rest is a huge effort to maximize the quality. They had several attempts and several designs. It's a different story and I am sure if they had create a simpler model before this one, they could earn some money, but they did not go that way, instead aimed to start with a high quality CIEM.

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #9 of 9
Of course for every development process the goal is to maximize quality and usp, so it attracts us to buy such product. But man we fought and won a world war in less than 6 years. Yeah I read the story and interview in jelt's review, which is exactly the reason why I found it hard to believe, from 3 to 2 to 1 drivers and it took 6 years? We all know the bulk of the technology is provided by the BA manufacturer, it probably took less than 6 years to develop the driver and it took ppl another 6 years to figure out how to use it?
I don't doubt the product is good based on the review, but this marketing approach is really weird lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back