Where are the 16gb flash players???
Oct 26, 2007 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

gtp

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a 16gb flash player.

-Iaudio 7 16gb is out, but is too much $$$ at $299.
-Zen 16gb is $249 and Sansa View 16gb is $199.

The last two were anounced a while ago and were supposed to be out in October...well...it's October! Anyone know when they will actually hit the street?

Oct 26, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the 16gb View is available at most Best Buy stores.

Seriously? All we have in this town is a really bad CircuitCity. I'd be driving 35 minutes for the nearest BB.

Oct 26, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #9 of 15
Unfortunately I've read some poor initial reactions to the Sansa View but that would be the current king of flash players in regards to size. Start with 16gb then add an 8gb removable and you've got 24gb. Cool! It is marketed as supporting gapless but, again, according to some forum entries on Sandisk's own site the current firmware does not support it.

Oct 27, 2007 at 12:33 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A Cowon D2 8GB plus a 8GB SD card and you got yourself a nice 16GB DAP.

That's probably out of gtp's price range.

Oct 27, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #12 of 15
Yeah, it goes over a little bit. Myself I'm currently looking at a Samsung YP-P2, the SQ should be decent enough for daily on the go use. For SQ at home I use my RH1 for that. The Cowon I really like, but its missing the bluetooth the P2 has. That's a biggie for me.

Oct 27, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately I've read some poor initial reactions to the Sansa View but that would be the current king of flash players in regards to size. Start with 16gb then add an 8gb removable and you've got 24gb. Cool! It is marketed as supporting gapless but, again, according to some forum entries on Sandisk's own site the current firmware does not support it.

I really hope the initial reactions of the Sansa you write about are wrong. Between the Zen and Sansa, I was leaning toward the Sansa for better battery life and hopefully better implementation of the expandable memory.

Oct 27, 2007 at 6:08 AM Post #14 of 15
Oct 27, 2007 at 2:49 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by uppis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sansa is actually coming out with 32gb model..
http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/11573.cfm

edit: forget it, not going to happen yet, my bad.. http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/23/s...gb-sansa-view/

I'm starting to get a real bad taste in my mouth for the Sansas. The reactions I'm reading on their own forum in regards to the View sound like Sandisk rushed the View out without thoroughly testing their firmware. Now they put up on their own site that they'll be offering a 32gb version but it is rather questionable if they will all speaks towards very sloppy marketing and product launch. My friend bought a Sansa e200 and I was really put off at how cheap the plastic scroll wheel felt and operated. We even got to play with their new Connect and the scroll wheel felt and operated no better.

As much as I'm yearning for high capacity flash players I think I may be turning my back on Sandisk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back