When you rip your CDs
Nov 25, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #3 of 25
All of the tracks. I want to keep the integrity of the album. If there are tracks that I really don't like I'll rate them as 1 star and exclude them in playlists. Whenever I listen to music it is usually an album at a time.

Nov 25, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #4 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ham Sandwich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All of the tracks. I want to keep the integrity of the album. If there are tracks that I really don't like I'll rate them as 1 star and exclude them in playlists. Whenever I listen to music it is usually an album at a time.

Exactly this

Nov 25, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #5 of 25
All tracks, except bonus tracks.

Nov 25, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #7 of 25
Agreed. All of them.

Nov 26, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #10 of 25
Yeah, I keep them all too, but I usually separate bonus tracks into a different folder. Also, purists may cringe, but for a double album, I put all of the tracks in one folder and number them as if it was one. For instance, if the first disc has 10 tracks, the first track on the second disc would be 11, and so on.

Nov 26, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #12 of 25
it depends on the artists/musicians/groups ...

if the album was done by one of my all time favorite groups i ripped all and sync ALL to iPod .. groups like AMERICA, ACOUSTIC ALCHEMY

if the groups/artists are familiar ones but included some strange or cuts that do not suit my taste i exclude this/these

after ripping the album CD i put it inside the jewel case and then drop into cellophane re-sealer envelope?? to lessen dust, humidity and scratches

Nov 26, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #13 of 25
Like one poster above, I usually don't rip bonus tracks and / or alternate takes. I have an OCD thing where I kind of want the original artistic entity and don't want that messed with.

Nov 26, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All or nothing. If you can't listen to an album in its entirity, is it really worth listening to at all?

agree 100%

Nov 26, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #15 of 25
i rip the whole thing... i listen to my whole library in shuffle mode

if i want to listen to a specific album i'll usually create a separate playlist for it and often remove any bonus tracks

i hate bonus tracks... release that stuff on an EP or a bonus disc with the album not as tracks tacked onto the ass end of an existing album

Users who are viewing this thread

Back