When you plan to buy a headphone, what is the most important thing?
Jan 15, 2004 at 9:40 AM Post #2 of 49
Gee this is a tough one
rolleyes.gif

Jan 15, 2004 at 10:52 AM Post #4 of 49
HI:
Sound quality Is first thing to consider but comfort is a close second. If I had to compromise the sound quality fore great comfort than I would. I think that even though sound quality is why I buy a headphone that what good is it if I can't ware the headphone because of comfort issues like the grado. I found this compromise to be the case with my Senn. 590s. They sound great but also are very comfortable and I know I like the grado 225 sound better but the Senn. 590 is so comfortable and the Equinox replacement cable is a great help with the sound. So I did the compromise thing with the 590 and am glad I did. I can listen to the 590 hour after hour and after a while I got used to the sound and don't even know that I compromised the sound if I don't hear another headphone. LOL
PS
Uncledan
Great post. Thank you.

Jan 15, 2004 at 12:35 PM Post #7 of 49
Sound

Comfort

Looks

Price

would be my order.. although at the 'extremes' (ie: kilobuck) price overrides them all
wink.gif

-dd3mon

Jan 15, 2004 at 12:45 PM Post #8 of 49
I think comfort is an often overlooked thing in headphones. If I cant get comfortable with them, then they are no good to me. I place sound and comfort joint first.

Jan 15, 2004 at 12:45 PM Post #9 of 49
Depends on their uses really...

Sound / Comfort (tied for first)

Price

Looks

would be my order...but if I plan to use the phones in a portable environment I'd have to factor ruggedness and portability in there as well.

Jan 15, 2004 at 1:07 PM Post #11 of 49
Sound Quality first.

Who cares about the other variables :)

BANGPOD

Jan 15, 2004 at 1:17 PM Post #13 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
hype.

LMAO
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back