When you place your earphone over the ear
Aug 25, 2008 at 12:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ljcii

100+ Head-Fier
It's been troubling me why.
WHen we place our earphones over the ears, why don't the sound go up-side down?
tongue.gif

Aug 25, 2008 at 3:51 PM Post #3 of 11
What would upside down sound sound like? Do a headstand in a room with speakers playing ;p

PS: I just tried that and now my head hurts... my balance is piss poor.

Aug 26, 2008 at 10:16 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Put them on back to front, it's like the band is behind you.

Yea i meant that lol.
Nothing much actually but why doesn't it turn really lol.

Aug 26, 2008 at 6:13 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They become illogical.

LOL...classic!

In response to the original question, if I'm following you correctly - it doesnt matter as far as overall sound, but in your mind the image WILL be reversed. It's a stereo recording, left and right. If you switch them, it'll be like the band all switched sides as well. It won't make a difference one bit other than pans and fades and things will be on the opposite sides as they were intended. Now, if you hear a difference in mono recordings, then you have a channel imbalance. Differences in your ears will play a part too.

Dec 3, 2009 at 8:44 AM Post #9 of 11
Hey guys, i think i found the answer! i know its damn lame but, it should be because the waves are longitudinal so it doesnt matter if it's upside down or what as long as it goes into the ear for IEMs.
You're welcome for the thanks!

Dec 3, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Hey guys, i think i found the answer! i know its damn lame but, it should be because the waves are longitudinal so it doesnt matter if it's upside down or what as long as it goes into the ear for IEMs.

ya they're longitudinal waves, but you're changing your latitudinal reference frame so everything is awry.
Relativity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back