When you drop your DT770's 32ohms... Can you repair them yourself?
Apr 5, 2015 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Dimension

New Head-Fier
This is the second time I dropped them, I sent them away to get repaired and it was $110 including shipping. What exactly is breaking? I can only hear out of one ear and it is much quieter... Is this something I can easily solder? And if not what keeps breaking? I was told the driver needed to be replaced last time but I can't find a dt770 32ohm driver anywhere, is there a tutorial on how to replace the driver and also a website that has the drivers? Or should I just send them in again?

Apr 5, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #2 of 3
It's likely just the solder on one of the cables, but given it was dropped, there's the possibility that the drivers were also damaged in some way since the driver enclosures aren't exactly shock absorbent. It really depends - we can't diagnose the problem for you without even your opening them and then posting pics. Even then, let's say we can easily see the damage in some solder point (like where the cable enters one of the earcups), but there's no way to tell from photos if the drivers are undamaged unless there's something obvious like the driver terminal, the area where it snaps into the earcup, or the diaphragm itself with visible cracks or tears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back