When will search be enabled back again ?
Apr 28, 2004 at 3:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

amol

500+ Head-Fier
As the post goes ..
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 28, 2004 at 4:29 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by third_eye
When are the off peak hours? I need that search back!

LOL
biggrin.gif
We all do!
tongue.gif

Im not sure when the off peak hours are, but the search function is enabled here once in a while.

Apr 28, 2004 at 6:27 PM Post #5 of 13
You should ask the Oracle. She knows more....
cool.gif

For Tortie: congratulations on becoming Headphoneus Supremus.

Apr 28, 2004 at 8:25 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by third_eye
When are the off peak hours? I need that search back!

I would venture to guess that the majority of members/visitors here are from the US, so whenever people in the US go to sleep is generally the off-peak hours...

Apr 28, 2004 at 8:30 PM Post #8 of 13
Of course, most of our members are teens or early twenty-somethings who sleep during the day and surf at night
wink.gif

Apr 28, 2004 at 8:35 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
Of course, most of our members are teens or early twenty-somethings who sleep during the day and surf at night
wink.gif

sure they are
lambda.gif

Apr 28, 2004 at 8:59 PM Post #10 of 13
Head-Fi has been absolutely dire the past few days with "page cannot be displayed" errors cropping up continuously, I tried for 3 hours last night with no luck. There is no point reintroducing the search facility if it's causing these problems...... get the darned situation sorted out first and "then" reintroduce the search function.

Off peak searching sounds a bit string and sellotape to me and I hope the powers that be will add some bricks and mortar instead of plastering over the cracks with these stopgap measures.

It's surely time to introduce a voluntary contribution scheme to help buy better hardware isn't it Jude?

Pinkie.

Apr 29, 2004 at 4:47 AM Post #11 of 13
I'll go for the voluntary contributions, as long as:

a) There are no special privileges for those that contribute. Since this place is supossed to be free and open to all, the contributions should be just a way to help and not get something in return, except perhaps the satisfaction of sharing something with all the other members.

b) We can send contributions in the mail or something like that. Let me explain: I am buying a house, have a car, a great job and my wife has a good bussiness. Yet, for some reason, I can't get a bloody credit card. I blame it to the fact that I spent six years outside the country. So, anyway, I can't use a credit card, but surely cand send an international MO.

c) We get access to all the erotic headphone related pictures the mods and Jude have in their secret chambers (j/k).

So, yeah, I would go for a contribution system.

Apr 29, 2004 at 5:24 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Onix
I can't get a bloody credit card. I blame it to the fact that I spent six years outside the country. So, anyway, I can't use a credit card.....

Don't you have a Bank/Debit card?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back