When was the last time you bought a CD?
Aug 24, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #91 of 219
Yesterday!  I just ordered 2 CD's from Amazon because I could only find MP3 versions of these fabulous albums and wanted Lossless.

[size=medium] Eternal Tears of Sorrow [/size]

[size=1.7em] Virgin & Whore[/size]

eternaltears.jpg

Johnny Cash 
American VI:  Ain't No Grave
americanvi.jpg

Aug 25, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #93 of 219
I buy them if I can find something interesting for less than $4 or so. I frequent salvation army when I can and pick up a few for a couple of bucks. I actually bought one last week from there. There are a couple I'll buy at retail but those are few and far between.

Aug 25, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #94 of 219
I bought Matisyahu's "Youth" and Elliot Smith's "XO" two weeks ago.

Aug 25, 2010 at 4:37 PM Post #95 of 219
I've bought 3 albums on CD this week and it's only Wednesday. I have a couple more on pre-order (Manic Street Preachers; Richard Thompson) and I'll no doubt pick-up some older albums I'm missing most weeks for the next year-or-so.

CD is better than most downloads available - It's higher quality (high-res downloads excluded); comes with proper album art; frequently costs less; and I don't have to buy discs to back it up.

I still buy vinyl too and the odd download. Over the next five years it will probably shift towards downloads, but only if they are at least CD quality (44kHz 16-bit, Not 128kbps)

Aug 25, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #96 of 219
I'll be honest, a lot of my music collection (which is actually somewhat small, ~7GBs) is mostly downloaded music. That being said though most of my music collection are artist I heard about and wanted to have a listen. If it's an artist I listen to and follow religiously than I buy the CD's, the same for local bands/start up bands.

Aug 25, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #97 of 219
Yesterday I bought 3

Aug 25, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #99 of 219
I bought a few the other day, and one arrived in the mail today.

Aug 25, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #100 of 219
Bought 2 today-Black Label Society and Iron Maiden's new releases and 1 last week.
All my music from CD no downloads.

Aug 25, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #101 of 219
I just got some new stuff in the mail yesterday, John Mellencamps new one, as well as Dr. Johns latest, and some Government Mule, Mulennium. I've been picking up a lot lately. Mostly from Amazon either new or used. I've also ripped stuff that I've borrowed from the library. I also browse through CD Baby every once in a while although I havent purchased anything from them for a while. Would be interested in a good source for used stuff online if anybody has one to recommend.

Aug 25, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #102 of 219
I bought two CD's today at lunch. (I needed a walk in the worst way, and there's an excellent record store just a short walk away). I bought Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, "UFO TOFU" and Dire Straits, "On Every Street", used for $5 each.

Oddly enough, both CD's have songs about Elvis.
blink.gif

Aug 26, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #103 of 219
I torrent it.  All of it =\
I'm still in high school and I doubt my parents would approve of me spending all that money anyways.
There are definitely some CDs that I want to buy once I make a little bit of money though, stuff that I (have) really really enjoy(ed).
I'll vote for #1, but what.cd is where it's at for music.  Really superior to any other method of acquiring music, legally or illegally, IMHO.
wink_face.gif

Aug 26, 2010 at 12:55 AM Post #104 of 219

Quote:
I just got some new stuff in the mail yesterday, John Mellencamps new one, as well as Dr. Johns latest, and some Government Mule, Mulennium. I've been picking up a lot lately. Mostly from Amazon either new or used. I've also ripped stuff that I've borrowed from the library. I also browse through CD Baby every once in a while although I havent purchased anything from them for a while. Would be interested in a good source for used stuff online if anybody has one to recommend.

i've purchased a lot of good used cds from secondspin.com in the past. some of those used cds look pretty much new with no scratches. you should wait for secondspin to have a nice sale at say 25% to 30% off your entire order to really save.

Aug 26, 2010 at 4:14 AM Post #105 of 219
I love to buy CDs - I'd prefer vinyl, but I don't have a record player at the moment. I haven't bought too many CDs recently, just because I'm currently out of work. But yeah, I'd say 80% of my music on my ipod/PC comes from CDs ripped from my personal collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back