When playing music stored on an External HDD, does the USB cable affect SQ?
Dec 12, 2015 at 4:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

dmbr

100+ Head-Fier
I store and play my music from a USB 3.0 external HDD. Does the quality of the cable attaching the HDD to my PC have any impact on sound quality?

Dec 24, 2015 at 3:37 AM Post #3 of 10
LOL 

You might as well worry about the data transmission circuits in your com . Maybe even the stability of your power supply or even the processing of the music (whether it is "bit perfect" or not).

Who knows ..................... maybe even change all your usb ports to "lossless ports"

Dec 24, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #5 of 10
LOL 

You might as well worry about the data transmission circuits in your com . Maybe even the stability of your power supply or even the processing of the music (whether it is "bit perfect" or not).

Who knows ..................... maybe even change all your usb ports to "lossless ports"
Thanks for the useless and rude reply.

Dec 24, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #6 of 10
It's not rude. It's a shame that people here on the forum make you think that cables make any difference in sound quality. That is utter nonsense. Cables have nothing to do with SQ, but that's not what you will read here unfortunately.

Dec 24, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #7 of 10
It's not rude. It's a shame that people here on the forum make you think that cables make any difference in sound quality. That is utter nonsense. Cables have nothing to do with SQ, but that's not what you will read here unfortunately.l
Upgrading my power cables made an undeniable difference in SQ, same with improving my USB cable config.

A polite reply would have included reasoning, not a flippant "lol ur dumb".

Dec 24, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #9 of 10
Well most probably not, but I dont blame you for the ignorance.
Don't reply unless you're going to bring knowledge.

Im really disappointed to see this kind of posting appearing here. Usually people are open-minded and at least bring some sort of reasoning, citation, or evidence.

I imagine you don't have a good enough pair of cans to detect sonic improvements from cable upgrades, or simply haven't made the effort....or dare I say....yes, I'll say it, my ears are more sensitive than yours. I started a disbeliever, but my ears told me I was wrong: cables matter.

Dec 24, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #10 of 10
Don't reply unless you're going to bring knowledge.

Im really disappointed to see this kind of posting appearing here. Usually people are open-minded and at least bring some sort of reasoning, citation, or evidence.

I imagine you don't have a good enough pair of cans to detect sonic improvements from cable upgrades, or simply haven't made the effort....or dare I say....yes, I'll say it, my ears are more sensitive than yours. I started a disbeliever, but my ears told me I was wrong: cables matter.

http://www.head-fi.org/f/133/sound-science

Users who are viewing this thread

Back