When is the iriver 350 coming out? Is it worth the wait?
Nov 23, 2001 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Pepsione1

1000+ Head-Fier
I just got my sony mdr-7506 (my first pair of headphone - i have some mixed feelings about these cans so far
rolleyes.gif
). All I need now is a portable player.

I was think about getting a cdp, but it seems out-dated. I thought about getting a md, but its not cost effective and it requires optical out when recording for best result.

So it comes down to getting a decent mp3 player, almost all of my songs are downloaded mp3s anyways (not that I don't purchase cds, but I only buy the ones that are my absolute favourite). All of my mp3s are download @192kbps and up so quality are quite close to a original cd.

The question is, which player should I get? Its seems like the iriver is what everyone would suggest on this board? But when is it coming out, what's the MSRP. Is it worth the wait or should I get something else like IPod. FYI, I was looking for something that has a large storage or a mp3 cdp.

Nov 24, 2001 at 3:17 AM Post #2 of 5
iRiver3 comes out mid to late december.. most likely before XMAS.. MSRP = $200

It is a lot better than the sony though I think the iriver2 looks better... iriver3 has larger remote.. but it is uglier.. The actual cd player on the iriver3 though is only 16 milimeters thick compared to the iriver2's 30mm.

-eru

Nov 24, 2001 at 4:20 AM Post #3 of 5
the specs looks pretty impressive, but what I look at the most is the sound quality and durability. So I hope someone will buy it the second it comes out and post a review on it.

Nov 27, 2001 at 5:32 AM Post #4 of 5
I don't think SonicBlue has licensed it (iMP-350/Slim X) so we might not see here in the US. We'll probably have to pay alot more than $200 if we were to import. I wonder if anything we'll be compromised since they have to shrink everything down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back