When does the new RSA Predator come out ?
Nov 3, 2007 at 1:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

aleman

New Head-Fier
Is this something that is likely to become avaliable in thanksgiving timeframes ? Does it look like its going to be priced <$300 (Competing with Meier MOVE) or something above the SR-71 and priced accordingly ?

Nov 3, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #2 of 14
Nov 3, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #4 of 14
I think Ray doesn't compare it with the Move. He compares Predator with his own products, Hornets\Sr-71..

Nov 3, 2007 at 7:00 AM Post #5 of 14
/me bet it will be ready for shipping in mid December.
So the first one will reach the customers before Christmas. Just like the Tomahawk last year...

Nov 3, 2007 at 7:06 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
/me bet it will be ready for shipping in mid December.
So the first one will reach the customers before Christmas. Just like the Tomahawk last year...

If I was Ray, I would try to make that time frame, too. Otherwise, most of the dough are spent prior to new year. Release in the new year might be less successful than early December.
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 3, 2007 at 9:53 AM Post #7 of 14
I doubt that Ray would announce a product without being able to deliver within a couple months time. I was lucky enough to hear the Predator. If you like the Hornet's sound, the small increase in price will be worth it when considering the added dac and the smaller size.

Nov 3, 2007 at 3:37 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Read this:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=267640

As for pricing, Ray said at a meet : "$400-500"

Which makes sense, cause it's competing with the Pico.

Competing in price.
wink.gif
The DAC design is higher end on Pico. Predator is more like a Move/Alien design. I'm sure both will be among the best sounding amps.

Nov 3, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #9 of 14
I too am anxious to see this new Ray Release. Love all his portable amps and hopefully this will be a huge winner too.

Nov 3, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #10 of 14
I was looking over the un-populated boards at Rays the other Day. turns out he already had 2-3 different of Gerber files and boards made but He has his final now. the dates on the Gerber sheets go back pretty far so this man has been working on this for some time to say the least.
I think he is waiting on case design then once he approves and makes sure the case is perfectly what he wants then usually the orders are let open to the people. I would guess around December on the pre orders.

the boards are so small, i mean like small!
i never noticed the thickness he uses on his boards and the depth of the runs in the circuit..amazingly tough little guys they are.

little guy is going to be as hard core in build as the SR-71 is...

Nov 4, 2007 at 7:50 AM Post #11 of 14
Thanks for all this info, is there an "official" waitlist inside a sponsered thread, like there was for the Tomhawk last year ?

Nov 4, 2007 at 9:31 AM Post #14 of 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Back