When do you use your headphones most?
Oct 31, 2012 at 8:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

hardbrockcafe

New Head-Fier
I really enjoy listening to music while I do homework so my headphones are on most at night when I'm doing my homework.   However, I find myself enjoying the music more when I can just lay down and listen.  

Do you have habit when you listen or do you have a routine where everyday you listen to your music?

Oct 31, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #2 of 20
When I should be studying :X

Nov 3, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #3 of 20
Never when I'm trying to concentrate on something. I get distracted far too easily. I only use headphones when I'm either doing something mindless or just not doing much of anything at all.

Apart from that, there's no real set regimen. Whenever I have time free or I need to pass some time. I have been losing sleep lately listening to my music into the wee hours of the morning, but I think Head-Fi itself is somewhat to blame for that.

Nov 4, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #4 of 20
whenever im on my computer i plug in. physically and metaphorically. the reason i like headphones more than speakers is that they "close you off" from the world, silencing everything, leaving you alone with your music and whatever it is your doing. whenever im on my computer - iv got my headphones on.

Nov 4, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #5 of 20
I pretty much use my headphones most of time lately because of too many outside distractions and find it much more immersive. Used to play speakers everyday but headphones have a level of detail that is unmatched so i dont feel like am missing anything. Am still a big speaker guy so when i dont mind the distractions i'll gladly bust out the bookshelf speakers for some nearfield or normal volume listening depending on the hour. I count myself fortunate i have such rich alternatives to enjoy. I know some people who cant stand headphones and would never use them. Headphone use is mostly for music and pc games while still using speakers for movies regularly. Chances are though i'll be enjoying my speakers just as much once my ears start getting hungry for some audio spatial goodness. I seem to go through such cycles at different times of the year.

Nov 5, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #7 of 20
probably not good for the ears but I basically listen to music all the time when im not in classes. Soon as class is out IEMs go in as I walk around campus. Soon as I go home, I grab my headphones and start jamming,

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #8 of 20
IEMs in office. Cuts out the noise.

Headphones at home.

Nov 6, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #9 of 20
Iems at the work place.  Who the hell cares what happened in the soaps last night anyway :p!

Nov 6, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #10 of 20
On the bus on the way to college, walking around and sometimes at home, but I rarely get time to just sit back and listen to some nice tunes :)

Nov 6, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:
On the bus on the way to college, walking around and sometimes at home, but I rarely get time to just sit back and listen to some nice tunes :)

If you had time, would you just sit back and listen?

Honestly, that's my favorite way to listen.  If I can really just listen to all the details, I feel so much better about the music I'm listening to.

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #12 of 20
Yes I would, I try sometimes but I only have time either in bed or just before going to bed and usually fall asleep listening to the music. Occasionally if I wake up early I can have a relaxed listening session.

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

If you had time, would you just sit back and listen?

Honestly, that's my favorite way to listen.  If I can really just listen to all the details, I feel so much better about the music I'm listening to.

Mostly I'm drifting in and out of music. Depends on the genre. There's music that's easier to run in the background, for me its classical or trance. Good for working.

Sitting back and listening, yes, but I wish I'd do it more often.

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #14 of 20
I like to use open backed headphones to walk around so i can listen to the environment and talk to people without having to switch off the music or take them off

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #15 of 20
I like to use open backed headphones to walk around so i can listen to the environment and talk to people without having to switch off the music or take them off

Exactly. I rarely take my Senn px100ii off :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back