When do you think the most expensive headphones will be the new HD580?
Jan 14, 2006 at 11:37 AM Post #46 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quado
I can just imagine in the year 9999, ...

Forget it.

You will be dead already by then.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 14, 2006 at 12:19 PM Post #47 of 57
My interpretation: as the HD580 is the real "value" in the high-end Senn line-up, will headphone technology ever progress, rendering the now top-of-the-line (as the HD580 once was) HD650 a "value" headphone in a high-end Senn line up of more expensive, evolutionary improved HD6**/HD7** headphones. Am I making more sense?

Yes, the HD580 might get discontinued and the HD650 discounted to make way for improved/evolved products... or it might not, nothing out of the ordinary here.

Part 2: Will headphone technology improve in levels of which would mean the equivalent of an Orpheus system will be bundled with CD players, thus reducing the exclusivity of hi fidelty to the mainstream.

Perhaps electrostatic tech might improve in practicality bringing us somewhat towards this, but by then different technologies might arise.

Then it all went all over my head! All I can gather, he pondered on the future of high fidelity products. If an Orpheus was mainstream, what type of headphone would fullfill the exclusive/expensive-headphone niche? Perhaps some meta-physical sound system sold by god [edit: His idea!]... I dont know, as I said, over my head
biggrin.gif

Am I extrapolating? Hmmm

---

This thread had me literally laughing out loud... a classic.

Jan 14, 2006 at 12:33 PM Post #48 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotJeffBuckley
That's a forums.somethingawful.com creation, not a forcedshaving one.

Edit: Also, the bunny has passed away now, but it led a long and happy life.

something awful can't claim it
Neither can, since it isn't their bunny and they didn't take the picture

There's just something wrong with taking someone else's work and slapping advertisement for one's site on it.

Jan 14, 2006 at 3:11 PM Post #50 of 57
Quote:

what year do you think today's better headphones will become the best in value....like, the HD650 could be the best value in 2020

Won't be no headphones.

It will be headchips. Small microchips inserted surgically into the brain, centred. Chips will be fed signals coming from some satellite source. That is, just like satellite radio only your head is the receiver, with 4 chip channels, perhaps more. Talk about headstage. The brain will become it's own i-Pod. Wireless headphones are now headphoneless headphones. And Head-Fi members will perform surgery on their own brain in the quest for proper tweaking and mods, and post pics of the event. Removing layers of flesh and matter to improve the "veil". Sending their sculls to Larry to get woodied. Unfortunately, you will only be able to think about music, you won't be able to listen to it anymore.

Jan 14, 2006 at 11:43 PM Post #52 of 57
If any of you "know" someone from Sennheiser--you should send the link to this thread, to them. Ahh, I can see it now, man! Portable in-ears and over-the-heads: Better quality...then later on, Orpheus quality (and so on). Sorry--if I'm changing the "topic" a bit. But companies like Sennheiser, have the most potential to do something like this. Heh heh...I need...more...now................................. .......

(Hello, Sennheiser? I just gave you a call. I want to know what you did last year. Did you make any plans? "Who the hell is this? May I ask what the HELL do you want?!" I want something from you...and you better get the goods soon... "What?! Are you insane?! I'm calling the headphone-audiophile-police!!" *knock, knock* OH, ****!! I messed up! "OPEN THE DOOR--YOU WORTHLESS GEEK!!!" *BOOM* AAAAHHHHHH!!!!! *Quado is unconscious* "Oh, you're up... Well, you're free to go. We thought you were going to more cool. You're not even good enough to be in the same room as me--leave!" Thank you! Oh.................my head. I'm hearing things! Aaaaahhhhh!!!!!)

If that did not disturb you--you're not normal...........

Jan 15, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #53 of 57
Quote:

If any of you "know" someone from Sennheiser--you should send the link to this thread, to them. Ahh, I can see it now, man! Portable in-ears and over-the-heads: Better quality...then later on, Orpheus quality (and so on). Sorry--if I'm changing the "topic" a bit. But companies like Sennheiser, have the most potential to do something like this. Heh heh...I need...more...now................................. .......

(Hello, Sennheiser? I just gave you a call. I want to know what you did last year. Did you make any plans? "Who the hell is this? May I ask what the HELL do you want?!" I want something from you...and you better get the goods soon... "What?! Are you insane?! I'm calling the headphone-audiophile-police!!" *knock, knock* OH, ****!! I messed up! "OPEN THE DOOR--YOU WORTHLESS GEEK!!!" *BOOM* AAAAHHHHHH!!!!! *Quado is unconscious* "Oh, you're up... Well, you're free to go. We thought you were going to more cool. You're not even good enough to be in the same room as me--leave!" Thank you! Oh.................my head. I'm hearing things! Aaaaahhhhh!!!!!)

The sad thing is, that is on topic... I think...

Jan 15, 2006 at 5:26 AM Post #54 of 57
Quote:

Wow...

Jan 15, 2006 at 6:53 AM Post #57 of 57
This is definately one of the least specific threads on this site! LOL! I can just imagine normal-people going to this thread; trying to find out about headphones, and they'll probably vomit on their keyboards and get diarrhea! They would be affected by the Quado Plague. And I will continue to try to hold down my insanity, for I fear for the worst. (As in people will be more ill or I'd get banned or something...but whatever...it's easier for me to hold down my insanity in public anyways, not on messageboards)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back