When did you last have an eargasm?
Dec 12, 2005 at 10:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 117

PinkFloyd

Headphoneus Supremus
Until this evening I hadn't had a good eargasm for about 6 months..... just had a pretty intense one listening to Jah Shaka - Kumbia Dub
smily_headphones1.gif
My first eargasm since I stopped drinking and, in true eargasm stylee, the hairs on the back of my neck stood erect and my temples pulsated with liquid gold running through them.... awesome.

When did you last have an eargasm?

Dec 12, 2005 at 10:12 PM Post #2 of 117
To be honest... my latest eargasm did not come from listening to music through speakers or headphones. I actually got it form going to see the musical "Wicked" here in Chicago... (actually I guess they have speakers there to project their voices... but anyways...)

Ana Gasteyer can sing, sing, sing. Everytime she would sing one of the big numbers and hit those really high, long notes, I got a chill and shiver down my back. It was ridiculous. To think that that woman was on SNL doing comedy a few years back is crazy, because damn, can she sing.

And she's a Northwestern University grad, so I'm sort of biased.
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2005 at 10:22 PM Post #3 of 117
Yesterday.... listening to Patricia Barber "Modern Cool-SACD" and Ray Charles "Genius Loves Company-redbook", through my speaker system.
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Dec 12, 2005 at 10:31 PM Post #5 of 117
Yesterday, listening to a CD of the Beethoven Violin Concerto (Heifetz/Munch/Boston Symphony) through my D-NE920/Pa2v2 and HD600. What struck me most was the extremely natural sound of the violin - completely organic timbre and tone.

Most consumer-level headphones I've heard can't do violin properly, because they distort and have uneven treble. On the 600, the entire range of the violin sounds natural and completely liquid. It sound very close to a live violin. I know my rig isn't perfect - I'll soon be getting a better-quality amplifier. But damn, it sounded pretty good together with this music.

I think I finally understand what audiophiles mean when they talk about "smooth" or "grainy" or "harsh" treble. Now, violin on all of my other headphones definitely sounds grainy and harsh.

Dec 12, 2005 at 10:37 PM Post #6 of 117
I just got my SLAM back on Sat so it would have been Sat
eggosmile.gif
listening to Pepe & the Bottle Blondes and Kenny Chesney... I know it's a weird combo

Dec 12, 2005 at 10:39 PM Post #7 of 117
Recent San Diego meet.

Music Hall CD-25 --> Ack Dack 2.0 (with upgraded caps) --> Singlepower PPX Slam with 7N7 tube (adapter required) --> Grado HF-1, playing just about anything, but especially Habib Koite's "Baro" album.

Dec 13, 2005 at 12:03 AM Post #9 of 117
actually i also had an eargasm tonight.

listening to alessandro ms-pro, nin "with teath" out of my millet.

in some song or another, a piano jumps out of nowhere, and i swear it was in another room
smily_headphones1.gif
i nearly lost my cool.

Dec 13, 2005 at 12:56 AM Post #10 of 117
if you intend songs that send you shivers down your spine
last time it was yesterday during Mahler IV Symphonies , completely unexpected ( first time I was listening , and I wasn't even incredibly impressed by , when it happened .. brrrr.. )

Dec 13, 2005 at 1:00 AM Post #11 of 117
if you intend song+moment that send you shivers down your spine ( = eargasm
confused.gif
I don't know and I am embarassed )

last time it was yesterday during Mahler IV Symphony , completely unexpected ( first time I was listening , and I wasn't even incredibly impressed by , when it happened .. brrrr.. )

Dec 13, 2005 at 1:51 AM Post #13 of 117
if you intend song+moment that send you shivers down your spine ( = eargasm
confused.gif
I don't know and I am embarassed )

last time it was yesterday during Mahler IV Symphony , completely unexpected ( first time I was listening , and I wasn't even incredibly impressed by , when it happened .. brrrr.. )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back