When did Lil' Wayne become the king of Hip-Hop?
Apr 29, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #46 of 62
He's not even close to being a mediocre freestyler. Very few rappers have the ability to actually freestyle off the dome not written. i dont know if that comment was serious but ive heard that being said about wayne about being a great freestyler.

Apr 30, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #47 of 62

Quote:

…geez, I get the "why" of the analogy, but perhaps it's a bit overstated for a music discussion? The consequences certainly aren't anywhere near analogous…

Well I'm not really comparing him to Hitler, I just think from a marketing point of view Hitler has made some good points. Too bad the guy ended up as a dictator, could've been a rich successful man if he'd just use his talents on marketing and etc.

Apr 30, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #48 of 62

Quote:

He posted this on his facebook.

Now many Head-Fi'ers alone are not into the whole hip hop and current music scene so I understand there will be more belitteling of him that usual here. But I am a fan of his...well not a fan but I do listen to his music, he may not have a superb pleasing voice in terms of vocals but the drops and beats of some of his songs are good and I do have quite a few..

Only problem is the King Of Hip-Hop title.... ಠ_ಠ

Any other modern music fans want to input their thoughts?

... wow... Bowei I can see why you like to hate on the XB series to much... appreantly you listen to Little Wayne on your XB500's... now so much of what you said makes sense... don't worry Bowei it's ok to indulge in a little sloppy muddy main stream bass rape with your xb500's... you don't have to project your guilt onto us XB700[Modded] fans, as we understand ;3 [just kiddin with ya of course]

I'm not into Rap or hip hop that much really, but I can happily tolerate some of his earlier music!
Quote:
Well I'm not really comparing him to Hitler, I just think from a marketing point of view Hitler has made some good points. Too bad the guy ended up as a dictator, could've been a rich successful man if he'd just use his talents on marketing and etc.

... This... so much win... just to read the words "Lil Wayne, King, Compareing, Hitler" together [Thread title and last post] created an awesome image of a Shirtless long Dread Hair style'd Hitler Rapping with some Air Jordans and some Coogi Shorts on

LAWL... that is just the most epic thing I've thought about in a while xD

Non the less though it seems you guys are having serious discussion... so I'll take my foolishness with me as I exit this thread but

xD oh mai, Bowei... the picture I of posted of the "Yan Yan" panda fits you so much better now that I know of your affinity for Lil Wayne :3

May 2, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #49 of 62
Quote:

Wow, it really DOES happen!! Godwin's law in effect here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

May 2, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #50 of 62
May 2, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #51 of 62
Quote:
Wow, it really DOES happen!! Godwin's law in effect here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

…yup, indicative of lazy thinking…good catch…
popcorn.gif

May 7, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #52 of 62
Quote:
This is my kind of thread,
the title "King" is just so opinionative and such a time waster in arguing who's the best rapper. I would say Nasty Nas while laughing at the people at XXL mag that wanted to put lil wayne, odd future, diggy, bob and other "rappers" on the cover. I wouldn't want to be payed to listen to any of those jokes but that's just my opinion. And no I don't just like 90's "backpack" rap just most of the rappers I listen to don't happen to be on the radio to often...

Artists I like:
Nas
MF Doom and Grimm KMD of course 
Wu-Tang specifically GZA & Raekwon I like them a lot 
Spaceghostpurrp 
Bit of Lupe Fiasco mostly earlier stuff
A Tribe Called Quest
Jedi Mind Tricks
CunninLynguists
etc.

My point is it's all taste and opinion I can argue for hours why I believe lil wayne, bricksquad, odd future and wiz are cancer and shouldn't be considered Hip-Hop while some might say otherwise.

I don't think lil wayne is the king of hip-hop. 

and Big K.R.I.T. is cool in my book he's making his name known in the game. 

Nah I got you covered man your the only one that I think has any clue of Hip-Hop so far in this thread (not wanting to bash but so far Drake...really). It's just the mainstream definitely took over and has real good MC's in the underground:
-Immortal Technique
-Atmosphere
-Serum
-Jedi Mind Tricks
-Army of the Pharaohs 
-Cunninlynguists
-Diabolic
-Chino XL 
-Guerilla War Tactix
-Blacastan
-Crazeology
-Koncept
-Blue Scholars
-Strong Arm Steady
-Celph Titled
-Tech N9ne (definitely a monster on the mic)
and many many more all waiting to be found. Personally a favorite at the moment is Serum, he's got a crazy good flow and some sick beats on his record "Brainstorm Troopah" not exactly audiophile level but worthy of a listen.
Now closer to the mainstream the best MC I think is out right now is Kendrick Lamar, straight from Compton but has a very good flow and some brilliant wordplay and ideas. 

May 7, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #53 of 62
Quote:
Nah I got you covered man your the only one that I think has any clue of Hip-Hop so far in this thread (not wanting to bash but so far Drake...really). It's just the mainstream definitely took over and has real good MC's in the underground:
-Immortal Technique
-Atmosphere
-Serum
-Jedi Mind Tricks
-Army of the Pharaohs 
-Cunninlynguists
-Diabolic
-Chino XL 
-Guerilla War Tactix
-Blacastan
-Crazeology
-Koncept
-Blue Scholars
-Strong Arm Steady
-Celph Titled
-Tech N9ne (definitely a monster on the mic)
and many many more all waiting to be found. Personally a favorite at the moment is Serum, he's got a crazy good flow and some sick beats on his record "Brainstorm Troopah" not exactly audiophile level but worthy of a listen.
Now closer to the mainstream the best MC I think is out right now is Kendrick Lamar, straight from Compton but has a very good flow and some brilliant wordplay and ideas. 

Looks like we have similar tastes 
beerchug.gif

May 7, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #54 of 62
real hip-hop fans listen to all of rap including the mainstream and underground but its still not that easy. i dislike or dont care for most of the list of artist posted above me..

May 11, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #57 of 62
Real fans? What? 
Quote:
real hip-hop fans listen to all of rap including the mainstream and underground but its still not that easy. i dislike or dont care for most of the list of artist posted above me..

May 11, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #58 of 62
Quote:
Real fans? What? 

obviously "real" is a useless word when used in a rap thread. i just use it to provoke people. but i stand by my comment. i see a lot of rap fans just liking one side of hip-hop and then proclaiming to be an authority. u cant be a big hip- hop fan if all you like is 90's new york rap and dont know crap about modern hip-hop. I just dislike people who listen to underground  and somehow feel bigger than people who like mainstream rap. that doesn't make u special.

May 11, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #59 of 62
Well, I just think hip-hop's not much different than other types of music when it comes to what's "mainstream"…there are exceptions, of course, but it's generally dreadful. It'd be a mistake, though, to think that means that the "underground" is automatically better…especially now, when it seems like just about everybody who thinks they can rhyme is doin' it and putting tracks up somewhere…most of it's not even in the same league as Lil' Wayne…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back