When buying used phones
Jun 26, 2005 at 9:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Apoptygma

100+ Head-Fier
As long as a headphones drivers aren't busted, is there any reason to be paranoid about the condition of the drivers? Is it as simple as either it's FUBAR or it's fine?

Jun 26, 2005 at 9:54 PM Post #2 of 10
Most people here treat their gear fairly pretty well, so you have little to fear.

Chances are, if they were damaging the drivers by listening to them at high volumes, they also wouldn't have any hearing left.

There are a lot of things you can do to mess up a driver or cables (twisting etc.), but that's what warranties are for.

-Matt

Jun 26, 2005 at 10:55 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by cire
i'd be concerned about their gross earwax....

sorry dude I have affluence of that...greasy ear words say.

Jun 26, 2005 at 10:55 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by cire
i'd be concerned about their gross earwax....

I think that only applies to canalphones really, I've never received a phone with noticeable earwax.

Just ask the seller the condition, age, smoking household, pets, stuff like that.

Jun 26, 2005 at 11:07 PM Post #7 of 10
If they weren't canalphones I'd still be a bit weary purchasing used. Who knows how the seller's personal hygiene is like; for all I know, he could shower only once a month and have lice. Plus greasy ears! Ewww.

Jun 28, 2005 at 2:10 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoptygma
As long as a headphones drivers aren't busted, is there any reason to be paranoid about the condition of the drivers? Is it as simple as either it's FUBAR or it's fine?

You're not Stephan Groth, are you?
wink.gif

BTW - Love your handle
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 2:42 AM Post #9 of 10
Hi Mando,

Early apop is good stuff, but no I'm not him. As far as I'm aware he's in the other Scandiland, doing nothing I know of lately.

Have you heard the apop début through SR-325's? That experience is recommended, just as long as you don't plug them into bright components.

Jun 28, 2005 at 2:18 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoptygma
Hi Mando,

Early apop is good stuff, but no I'm not him. As far as I'm aware he's in the other Scandiland, doing nothing I know of lately.

Have you heard the apop début through SR-325's? That experience is recommended, just as long as you don't plug them into bright components.

Hey - APOP are from Norway and they are just about to release a new album and go on a world tour. I hope they visit the US.

I listen to their stuff all the time...I love the remix of Paranoia through my UE 5pros
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back