When are the ATH-ES7 coming out in the States?
Dec 2, 2005 at 2:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

hyamaiata

100+ Head-Fier
I've decided to buy the Audio Technica ATH-ES7 to use with my iPod unamped for portable listening. Does anyone knows when are they coming out on the U.S.? Is it before December 10? If not, where can I buy them that offers better shipping options than Bluetin and Audiocubes? (At least with tracking).

Thanks, Santiago.

580smile.gif

Dec 2, 2005 at 5:08 AM Post #2 of 19
What's wrong with Audio Cubes? My previous experience with them is that they are fast and efficient. I ordered my new ATH-ES7 a couple of days ago and am certain they will arrive at my door by late next week. What's not to like about that?

Dec 2, 2005 at 6:36 AM Post #3 of 19
They're very expensive. IMO, the prices are marked up like crazy. Take for the AD2000 headphones that's selling for $749 in Audio Cubes. I got mine locally for only $470. Also, other online websites are selling cheaper as well.

Dec 2, 2005 at 7:50 PM Post #4 of 19
bahamaman, let me know when your package arrives, please. Did you choose UPS or EMS for shipping? About when are they coming out on the U.S or what other stores sell them at good prices and offer good shipping options, does someone has any information?

Dec 2, 2005 at 7:55 PM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamaman
What's wrong with Audio Cubes? My previous experience with them is that they are fast and efficient. I ordered my new ATH-ES7 a couple of days ago and am certain they will arrive at my door by late next week. What's not to like about that?

i ordred them too about 4or5 days ago, i dont even have a tracking # yet though..

Dec 2, 2005 at 8:17 PM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by hyamaiata
It seems then, that shipping is not very safe or reliable with AudioCubes. Or not?

It's been perfectly fine multiple times for me. They even marked the items as gifts the times I ordered to avoid custom charges when we receive the package. Good and smart service from Audiocubes. They ship around the world, and you usually hear very positive comments about them.

-Inaccurate tracking is the fault of the parcel service, not Acubes.

Dec 2, 2005 at 8:20 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
You should just contact them directly to confirm that your order was shipped. If not, demand it. Having the tracking number doesn't really do anything. USPS tracking is pointless.

i did i got this response
"Sometimes it takes about 2-4 days for our operation manager to get your
item. Your item will be shipped out soon, and it takes about a week for your
item to arrive. Would you please check back later and the information should
show then.
I hope this helps. If you have any other questions or comments please let us know. "

i guess thier busy cuz christmas is coming? my pervious experience was very good though, this one is something else..

Dec 3, 2005 at 3:58 AM Post #10 of 19
Maybe AudioCubes would deliver the product correctly. But i'll wait until they come out on the states. Actually is better waiting, cause $160 is too much. And i'll get a completely secure shipping and accurate tracking.

Dec 3, 2005 at 4:05 AM Post #11 of 19
Maybe AudioCubes would deliver the product correctly. But i'll wait until they come out on the states. Actually is better waiting, cause $160 is too much. And i'll get a completely secure shipping and accurate tracking.

Dec 3, 2005 at 3:00 PM Post #13 of 19
http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/fe...314/index.html

Actually, Audio Technica is offering an Import Series: They are offering a selection of audiophile, DJ and portable headphones previously available only in Japan, for sale on the U.S. So actually there is a series of headphones that ''come out on the states''. I just wanted to know if the ATH-ES7 are going to form part of that import series and when is that going to happen.

Dec 3, 2005 at 3:44 PM Post #14 of 19
They have always brought products over. Usually only some of their lower end stuff. Someone like J&R may bring them over here but they still recoupe the import costs. I only remember one place in CA that would have a few of the AT's for their "true" prices($40-$50) less than Audiocubes. I'll search around and see if I come across the site.

Since they are quite new you will still be in for a wait for them to show up here if they do at all. The "import series" only talks about the ES5 and with an MSRP of $169.99 so figure $119-129 for the ES5's here. The ES5 are $105 at Audiocubes. I guess you will have to shell out the cash either way if you really want them. Unless you get them used form another head-fier.

edit: Digitally unique has the ES5 for $70.95. If they get the ES7 they should be a fair price.
http://www.digitallyunique.com/ath-es5sv.html

Dec 3, 2005 at 4:11 PM Post #15 of 19
Update - I ordered my ES7's on November 30. Since then, the order seems to have been stuck in the "processing" stage. And here I was thinking they'd already be winging their way to the U.S. by now
frown.gif

Oh well, so long as I have them in time for my next trip on the 19th it'll still be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back