What's your view on custom headphone cables?
Aug 14, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #166 of 881
Bullseye wrote:

...because we seem to be frustrated due to our supposedly bad hearing capabilities.

Now, now.  That's not what I wrote.  Please, if you're going include me and my comments, please maintain context of what I wrote.

I wrote that I feel sorry for the anti-cable guys not being able to hear the improvement or change and I wrote that I wish they could hear the difference.  Nowhere do I intimate or otherwise, accuse anybody of having "bad hearing capabilities."  Their hearing isn't sensitive in the areas that cables guys hearing is.  Tain't no thang.  Many people have different sensory sensitivities but that doesn't mean their sensory system is bad or not capable nor does it mean their particular sensitivity makes them "golden."  Personally, I think I have crap for hearing yet I hear a difference that makes the expenditure worth while and for the money spent, I personally, because I do hear a difference, don't feel ripped off.

Yes, you guys are frustrated as you keep pushing your anti-cable agenda as opposed to a live and let live life style.  Me?  I'm happy and I know that cable supporters are happy campers but nooooooo, the anti-cable guys don't want us to be happy.  Why?  Because they can't validate why they can't hear the difference that others are hearing.  When a person makes it a mission, then yes, there's an underlying frustration which motivates.  When one group can't and the other group can, the proper attitude is; "Good for them."

Whereas the 'pro-cable' guys or cable manufacturers are winning a lot of money and that's why they go and defend it.

Aaaaaaah, a point of clarification.  I'm a pro-cable guy if you will and I'm spending my money, I'm not winning zip.  As to defending, you want to take my cables away and prevent me from buying something I want, gee, and you don't see your behavior as over-the-top?

And money can make a lot of people do stuff they really shouldn't be doing under normal circumstances... (Don't need to put any examples)

It's called a business.  You know, that free market stuff.  Somebody provides something another wants, value.  They have overhead, based upon the amount of product they continue to sell into the future, not what they sold in the past.  I think the cables have value.  That's my decision to make, not yours or somebody else's.  No laws are being broken so in truth, the only strange stuff going on are by those who don't have need for decent cables; above and beyond their personal needs of course.

So the answer is NO, defending our position with all the data we have doesn't give more weight to out wallet. So you should find another excuse for our evilness. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oh, that's easy, it's called envy, one of the deadly sins.  Which in of itself makes the motivation, evil.  You can't have it so you'll destroy everybody's fun so nobody can have it.

But beer, when drank in moderation, isn't evil.  Well, except for the calories.
beerchug.gif

Aug 14, 2010 at 8:57 AM Post #167 of 881

There is nothing wrong with my hearing thank you very much! 

I also don't need for you to feel sorry for me as i am 100% sure in what i believe, if you are to then that's fine. :).

Your comments seem to be the same over and over again. Just go and enjoy your equipment. I certainly am :D.

Lets just enjoy what we have got. Debates are a good thing, lets just chill a bit now.

Quote:
Their hearing isn't sensitive in the areas that cables guys hearing is.  Tain't no thang. 

Aug 14, 2010 at 9:10 AM Post #168 of 881
There is nothing wrong with my hearing thank you very much! 

Where have I written that there's something wrong with "anybody's" hearing?

???

I also don't need for you to feel sorry for me as i am 100% sure in what i believe, if you are to then that's fine. :).

I'm sure you are a hundred percent sure in what you "believe."  And it's a shame that you're missing out on so much.  Thank-you for permission to feel confident in what I'm hearing and yes, I do feel sorry for you although contextually, my comment was a collective feeling, not a personal feeling.    Either which way, it is sad to know that you can't hear what I'm hearing.  Why?  Cause you're missing out on so much.

Your comments seem to be the same over and over again.

Well of course they are as the genesis of the comments, haven't changed.  And the comments by the anti-cable crowd have changed......how?

Lets just enjoy what we have got. Debates are a good thing......

They are until one side of the debate decides that they have a stated mission above and beyond simply arguing differences of "opinion."  And this stated mission is to take high end cable products off the market (militant attitude) and to prevent those who are enjoying their cables, from getting more should they have need for more cables; exercising control over others, loss of freedom.  You know, there sure are a lot of people who are happy with their cables.  It's a shame there are those who want to actively take their happiness away.  And why do they want to do this?  They want to do it for no other reason then they personally can't hear, or validate a reason for the sonic differences being heard by others.

You have to understand the basic premise of the anti-cable guys position: "If I can't hear it, then nobody can hear it."

L3000.gif

Aug 14, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #169 of 881
Or in your case, 'If i can hear it then it must be true and everybody can hear it'. You should give up on these insane comments. us non cable believers are talking from previous experience and in many cases ACTUALLY TESTING cables. I am more inclined to take Uncle Erik's side to things. After all he is an experienced guy. I have read through some of your posts on other threads, for example, the WAV files one and lets just say i am unconvinced.

Give up on the feeling sorry approach, its really getting old.

Aug 14, 2010 at 10:09 AM Post #170 of 881
Or in your case, 'If i can hear it then it must be true and everybody can hear it'. You should give up on these insane comments.

Nowhere have I written that I expect everybody to hear what I hear and in order for me to believe that I'm really not hearing what I'm hearing, somebody would have to prove I'm delusional.  I have written that I'm sorry everybody doesn't hear these qualities.  That's an honest emotion as the comments regarding envy, aren't insane.  Your "insane" comment does highlight the militant attitude of the anti-cable side of the debate.

I'm insane and you're not.  I get it.

Give up on the feeling sorry approach, its really getting old.

Sorry, it's how I feel as now you're telling me how to use my emotions?  Let's see, telling me what I can and can't hear and now telling me how expressing what I feel is wrong?

???
beerchug.gif

Aug 14, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #171 of 881
try and twist it all you like. Your immaturity amazes me. Enjoy your cable.. tata

Aug 14, 2010 at 10:14 AM Post #172 of 881
try and twist it all you like. Your immaturity amazes me.

Now, I'm immature?  Wait, I was just getting comfortable with being insane.

beyersmile.png

Aug 14, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #176 of 881
Some people always bring the cost of the headphone cable into the mix. You put that aside, put the whole retail part of it to the side. How many would change their mind on their thoughts on headphone cables when the cost is not an issue. When they can really focus on the sound of the cable on their rig. Some cables will sound better than others. This is when this hobby gets interesting.

Aug 14, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #177 of 881
I approach cables with an open mind. I felt there was an improvement with my (Whiplash Audio) TWag cable on my JH13, so I kept it. (I had a money-back, 30-day return option.)

If the difference is worth the investment to me, I invest. I'll always need the return option for this kind of thing, though.

And in my experience, it's only headphone cables on very revealing headphones that ever make any difference. Actually, I don't think I've ever actually heard a difference in a headphone cable besides the TWag/JH13. I've never heard a difference in a power cable or an interconnect.

Use your ears, folks!

Aug 14, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #178 of 881
Big Poppa?  Funny you should mention "hobby."  That's a word the anti-cable crowd should explore.

Let's see:  Hobby:

An activity or interest pursued outside one's regular occupation and engaged in primarily for pleasure.

Let's see, the anti-cable crowd is telling us:

What we can hear.

What we can buy.

What we can feel.

What we can do for pleasure.

In short, they're wanting to control what we can do for a hobby; our lives, not theirs.

Hmmmmmmmmm!

And why are they acting out in this controlling of a fashion?  All because they need to prove that we're not hearing what we're hearing and to make sure nobody else hears what we're hearing by wanting to shut the industry down; more unemployment.  Wow!  How thoughtful of them.

Hmmmmmmmmm!

And the anti-cable lobby doesn't see themselves as militant?

???

Aug 14, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #179 of 881
Well well, that you have not said it directly doesn't mean you are putting your hearing capabilities over us. Apart I was also saying that some people do think "anti-cable" guys do have tin can ears.

That comment of "Personally, I think I have crap for hearing yet I hear a difference that makes the expenditure worth while and for the money spent, I personally, because I do hear a difference, don't feel ripped off." is hilarious. You make no sense when you speak.
So you assume your hearing is bad yet when you think you are hearing a difference you know exactly what the source of that change is? You just rebated your own opinion by yourself. Don't think I need to add anything to that, it speaks by itself.
rolleyes.gif

When did I show any sign of frustration? "The anti-cable guys don't want us to be happy". Again that is BS and a pathetic excuse. It is so childish I can't believe you actually wrote it.

Regarding pro cable guys winning money is a mistake, i wanted to write just the manufacturers.

Have you ever seen TV ads where they sell products that are supposed to make something, but they really don't? Well, that is called tricking people, and they are winning money via that. Is that called a business? It has demand, people fall for it and buy it. But its wrong, and people loose money.

Oh, so now it is Envy? Uncle Erik is a good example of a guy who could buy expensive cables if he wanted to, so I see no envy in his case. I could also throw money away by buying some cables if I wanted to. But i prefer not to. I don't feel good when I know I am throwing money away. Well, that's just me...

Note: I don't have time to answer faster so I'll leave it like that. I have been answering to your post in order, however some things I skipped because they were too lame to even give a response. I might come back later and edit it so you can understand it better.

Quote:
Now, now.  That's not what I wrote.  Please, if you're going include me and my comments, please maintain context of what I wrote.

I wrote that I feel sorry for the anti-cable guys not being able to hear the improvement or change and I wrote that I wish they could hear the difference.  Nowhere do I intimate or otherwise, accuse anybody of having "bad hearing capabilities."  Their hearing isn't sensitive in the areas that cables guys hearing is.  Tain't no thang.  Many people have different sensory sensitivities but that doesn't mean their sensory system is bad or not capable nor does it mean their particular sensitivity makes them "golden."  Personally, I think I have crap for hearing yet I hear a difference that makes the expenditure worth while and for the money spent, I personally, because I do hear a difference, don't feel ripped off.

Yes, you guys are frustrated as you keep pushing your anti-cable agenda as opposed to a live and let live life style.  Me?  I'm happy and I know that cable supporters are happy campers but nooooooo, the anti-cable guys don't want us to be happy.  Why?  Because they can't validate why they can't hear the difference that others are hearing.  When a person makes it a mission, then yes, there's an underlying frustration which motivates.  When one group can't and the other group can, the proper attitude is; "Good for them."

Whereas the 'pro-cable' guys or cable manufacturers are winning a lot of money and that's why they go and defend it.

Aaaaaaah, a point of clarification.  I'm a pro-cable guy if you will and I'm spending my money, I'm not winning zip.  As to defending, you want to take my cables away and prevent me from buying something I want, gee, and you don't see your behavior as over-the-top?

And money can make a lot of people do stuff they really shouldn't be doing under normal circumstances... (Don't need to put any examples)

It's called a business.  You know, that free market stuff.  Somebody provides something another wants, value.  They have overhead, based upon the amount of product they continue to sell into the future, not what they sold in the past.  I think the cables have value.  That's my decision to make, not yours or somebody else's.  No laws are being broken so in truth, the only strange stuff going on are by those who don't have need for decent cables; above and beyond their personal needs of course.

So the answer is NO, defending our position with all the data we have doesn't give more weight to out wallet. So you should find another excuse for our evilness. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oh, that's easy, it's called envy, one of the deadly sins.  Which in of itself makes the motivation, evil.  You can't have it so you'll destroy everybody's fun so nobody can have it.

But beer, when drank in moderation, isn't evil.  Well, except for the calories.
beerchug.gif

Aug 14, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #180 of 881
Utter Hypocrisy... In remembrance of our previous argument, you forgot to include the title of my comments, which stated that it was my opinion. You quoted it as fact, and have never been able to come around to the idea that you where wrong, If you want to get, you have to give!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeman458 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

"...Now, now.  That's not what I wrote.  Please, if you're going include me and my comments, please maintain context of what I wrote..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back