What's your pick for best i-pod Classic active speakers?
Jul 31, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #31 of 33
Hi Mark - they are pretty amazing and sound clarity, stage and bass - it beats my old AUDICA and a few that I have tested, e.g. CREATIVE T40, Nakamichi SSF9S (bought this for my Macbook-Pro) JBLs, Klipsch and some others that I can't recall the brand name. So far, this 2.0 set up catches my ears, good built quality as well. A hefty price but I guess it's worth it. As you know, it allows for a SW in the future but the bass for now - fairly amazing and it fills my study room. I would easily recommend this one for those looking for a 2.0 speakers for I-Pod or for Mac/PC as long as they don't mind the price tag.

Sep 23, 2012 at 5:32 AM Post #32 of 33
  If you are interested emotiva(emotiva,com) is having a two week sale for 10 percent off.They offer powered loudspeakers from their pro outlet that have received a fair amount of praise.I have ordered their emotiva airmotiv 5 model which is their mid line offering for about $410 usd for my computer sound system.I have seen a few reviews of their entry model the airmotiv 4 which have all been very positive in their critiques.The 4s look to be great computer monitors with a desk top footprint that looks to be ideal but I ordered thr 5s based on the larger woofer and the higher power rating which was double that of the 4.I think though it is somewhat larger that I can still make it work on my desk top.The advantage of the emotivas is that each speaker has their own dedicated amplifiers on board.I looked at the pro audio offerings which do have the advantage of adding a subwoofer.But I thought I saw that you had not intended to use that option so that beeing the case I thought that the emotivas would be a good alternative.But the sale is on for only two weeks and started last week.
  I went on to the audio pro website and while the speakers are powered the setup that audio pro has is the amp is in one speaker and the other speaker is lined to the powered one via rca jacks.The emotivas are all powered on board with actually 4 individual amps beeing used which is more of a actual true active configuration with each driver having its own individual dedicated amplifier which I am sure is a huge advantage over the more conventional two amplifier configuration of the audio pro models.I looked at the spec given on the audio pro and it  has no plus or minus figures given.The 45 hz published spec seems to be a little generous for the woofer size (4and 1/2 inch) and dimensions of that speaker.The low frequency spec of the emotiva airmotiv 6 is 43hz and that speaker has a 6 inch driver in a much larger cabinet with 4 amplifiers each rated at least 100 watts rms.To say that the published spec for the audio pro is believable is fiction is putting things lightly.
  The published spec on the airmotiv 6 is 43hz to 23khz plus or minus 1.7 db which is pretty impressive.This is a very accurate speaker based on their specs and this speaker is intended for use as a professional monitor in a studio or home studio situation.
  I am amazed at the published specs on a lot of products out there.I would say that a good deal of them would right at home in the fiction section of the library.Well that is truth in advertising for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back