What's your favourite music related DVD?
Nov 5, 2002 at 7:22 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by Jeff Guidry
Archosman, I will agree that for some reason, Koyannisqatsi doesn't do it for me on DVD.

However, Powaqqatsi is perfect for me. Love the music, and I love the visuals. Eagerly awaiting Naqoyqatsi on DVD!

I watched Powaqqatis yesterday and thought they had lifted significant parts of "The Truman Show" soundtrack. Is this possible? One of the guys here at work swears certain parts of it are from "Truman". Any thoughts anyone?

Nov 6, 2002 at 2:09 AM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by archosman
I watched Powaqqatis yesterday and thought they had lifted significant parts of "The Truman Show" soundtrack. Is this possible? One of the guys here at work swears certain parts of it are from "Truman". Any thoughts anyone?

Actually, it's the other way around, if you visit the Philip Glass website, you'll see that portions of the music for The Truman Show was lifted from several Philip Glass sources.

Nov 6, 2002 at 7:56 AM Post #19 of 24
Lynyrd Skynrd "Freebird: The Movie"

although some of the camera angles during the live performances were downright terrible.

(note to cameraman: focus on THE BAND, not on some random chick's hair for extended stretches).

Nov 7, 2002 at 3:31 AM Post #21 of 24
music RELATED - Almost Famous NO QUESTION
but im guessing you mean concerts/ music videos
incubus - morning view sessions (im a hardcore incubus fan)

Nov 7, 2002 at 8:11 PM Post #23 of 24
Tool - Salival. The videos by Tool are great, and the live CD is amazing. The No Quarter cover is great. I still need to get NIN - AATCHB DVD
frown.gif
I have the deluxe CD though :\

Nov 10, 2002 at 3:10 PM Post #24 of 24
Yes, I second everyone on Stop Making Sense. That was the second DVD I purchased (after Goddard;s Alphaville, great movie). But does anyone else with the DVD notice that the sound sync throughout the DVD is a few millisecond's off? How annoying! Yeah, there's something vaguely fresh about Trent shooting on DV and editing on his Mac, but if you do a lot of home video on a mac (like I do) I kind of felt: "Er, that was an expensive DVD..." Oh well, the music more than makes up for it.

A week ago I bought Queen's DVD "We Will Rock You". Excellent DVD. I never realised what an accomplised pair Freddie Mercury and Brian May were. May is a ripping quitarist (when they do it LIVE, then I'm impressed) and Mercury is a fabulous singer. I was really impressed with "We Will Rock You" and I'm not a huge Queen fan (although some of there songs are among my very favourites).

On the flip side, I bought the Queen of England's "Party in the Park" DVD. Nice line up, but it began to feel like the "Wax Museum of Rock". And of course they had to throw in a couple, barf, Brit pop bands. The concert got especially miserable when Joe Cocker appeared minus his voice, then they rolled out poor Brian Wilson who, despite making a minor return, still seems vaguely catatonic. (But do check out the Beach Boys "Endless Harmony" DVD, great docuementary!)

I was eyeing "Gimme Shelter" today, but I always found that movie ultimately a bummer ("Cockersucker Blues" was also kind of a let down after waiting years to see it. Like "Gimme Shelter" a wee bit too much backstage stuff. Although the legendary airplane footage...)
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back