whats your favorite song
Jun 11, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #4 of 35
Well since OP is just spamming uselessly, why not hijack this onto a useful topic?

Favorite single songs:

Do you have them or do you prefer entire albums?
Are you able to pick out a single song or is it a top 10 list?
How long do you usually keep a favorite song/top 10?

Jun 11, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #5 of 35
Quote:

Do you have them or do you prefer entire albums?

I have them. Sometimes I can play a single song 10-15 times in a row without getting bored of it. However, listening through a well-developed album is more satisfying than just playing a single song over and over.

Quote:

Are you able to pick out a single song or is it a top 10 list?

Usually a single song. I can't really get stuck on a top 10 list, but I can easily get stuck on a single song.

Quote:

How long do you usually keep a favorite song/top 10?

It depends. If I hear something I think is really lovely, I can fixate on it for quite awhile. Right now my mind is a bit stuck on 'See Emily Play' by Pink Floyd, but this has happened with other songs on a number of occasions.

Jun 11, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #9 of 35
I haven't got a favourite song or album, my "most played" playlist changes everyday. So, let's write a chart? noooo.....I just hate Rolling-Stone-style "what's da biggest/greatest/most influential song/guitarist/solo". Those are pointless IMHO.

But there are masterpieces.
And... Well... Many won't like the character, but I really believe that songs don't come from persons or characters, persons are just their kinda messengers.

Well... BTW... To me, Mr. Tambourine Man is like a timeless mother to any other song written on Earth.
Anytime, anywhere someone is strummin' anything, he's just trying to follow what his Tambourine man is playing for him. That's one of the feelings that I get listening to that song... Never heard anything more enchanting and involving... The genial thing... Is... That it makes you imagine, if not keep in touch with, that special magic tune we've all got in our head

Jun 11, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #10 of 35
This is lame, nice job hijacking a perfectly great thread. I think picking one song that you prefer over all others is a challenge worth facing. Diluting it with cop-outs is NOT ALRIGHT.

YOU ARE THE SPAMMER.

^ I'm serious, but in a nicer, more polite way
smily_headphones1.gif
I think it's better to just be "What's your favorite song." And only one track title is allowed in your post.

And if I absolutely HAD to pick... I think it would be Tables and Chairs by Andrew Bird. That's not my most-listened to track in my library, nor is it even my most-listened to track by Andrew Bird, but I still feel like I have a tighter bond to it than any of my other songs. The ending is just great.

Jun 11, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #11 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is lame, nice job hijacking a perfectly great thread. I think picking one song that you prefer over all others is a challenge worth facing. Diluting it with cop-outs is NOT ALRIGHT.

YOU ARE THE SPAMMER.

^ I'm serious, but in a nicer, more polite way
smily_headphones1.gif
I think it's better to just be "What's your favorite song." And only one track title is allowed in your post.

And if I absolutely HAD to pick... I think it would be Tables and Chairs by Andrew Bird. That's not my most-listened to track in my library, nor is it even my most-listened to track by Andrew Bird, but I still feel like I have a tighter bond to it than any of my other songs. The ending is just great.

Have you by chance looked at OPs other posts?

Jun 11, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #12 of 35
NoFx - The Decline

Jun 12, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #13 of 35
At the moment, it would have to be either "Women Who Love Men Who Love Drugs" or "Homage to a Shame" by Oceansize.

Jun 12, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #14 of 35
pink moon - nick drake

Users who are viewing this thread

Back