what's your favorite music store?
May 8, 2003 at 11:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

djgustashaw

1000+ Head-Fier
i like tower for the selection, but unfortunately we only have the next best thing in the immediate area, which is wherehouse. wherehouse actually isnt half bad, but tower seems to have a noticeably bigger selection. but what's your favorite? who has the lowest prices?

May 9, 2003 at 12:37 AM Post #3 of 23
Amazon SUUUUCKS!! All the cool stuff is always out or backordered. That which they do have is expensive.

www.cduniverse.com

Cheaper. Faster. Better selection. They get 95% of all my business now.

May 9, 2003 at 12:45 AM Post #4 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by Nick Dangerous
Amazon SUUUUCKS!! All the cool stuff is always out or backordered. That which they do have is expensive.

www.cduniverse.com

Cheaper. Faster. Better selection. They get 95% of all my business now.

w00t. I like CDuniverse too. Alldirect is great too. Whatever's cheapest!
tongue.gif

If you're referring to B&M stores, well, I have crap for selection around here. The place with the most music here is Circuit City and that ain't saying much. We are getting a Best Buy though
rolleyes.gif

Actually I've been doing my CD shopping on ebay lately. You can find some really good prices on stuff. Not neccesarily everything you're looking for, but if you're looking for a lot like me then there are deals to be found
smily_headphones1.gif

May 9, 2003 at 3:54 AM Post #8 of 23
oh... you mean online stores!

I rarely buy stuff online, but when I do, it is usually from half.com or gemm.com

Newer stuff I usually buy directly from the artist's web site.

May 9, 2003 at 4:54 AM Post #10 of 23
Amazon.ca with coupons for new cds. 2nd hand cd stores in Queen St, Yonge and Eglinton and Sonic Temple.

May 9, 2003 at 4:59 AM Post #11 of 23
I like Other Music. They are based in NYC, and have a website, too. I've never been to the actual storefront, however.

Amoeba Music is a great new/used store here in the Bay Area. The one in SF is absolutely huge, and there are always some great bargains.

For online, I do use Amazon frequently for wishlisting things -- and sometimes there are some awesome used CD deals from associated vendors.

May 9, 2003 at 5:34 AM Post #12 of 23
i buy online most of the time - free shipping too and cheaper .

i buy mine at tower and amazon.

when i buy local - usually new releases are at walmart and its cheap there . if they dont have it - i go online.

i try to buy older cd's used too at a local shop.

May 9, 2003 at 5:59 AM Post #13 of 23
arkivmusic.com for hard to find classical discs

hbdirect.com for the large selection and helpful reviews

amazon.com for the popular stuff & good deals on used stuff. But it's a terrible site to browse for classical...not set up for the ardent collector.

May 9, 2003 at 7:04 AM Post #14 of 23
cheap-cds.com

great selection, great prices, quick shipping, what more can you ask for?

May 9, 2003 at 7:49 AM Post #15 of 23
I do most of my music shopping with CD World. The prices are terrific and they have members' only specials six times a year. The only problem is that they are based soley in NJ. Other than that, they are really great. Great selection. Great used CD/DVD prices. And great members' only discounts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back