What's your favorite IEM tip for Shures, Westone, etc.?
Oct 2, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #16 of 31
I love the sound I'm getting from the yellow foamies for my e500 so far. The gray flex and the clear tips weren't giving me as much bass and isolation as I'd wanted. However, I've ordered the black foamies and should see if I like those better.

Oct 2, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #17 of 31
wow.. i must be the only one who actually prefers Tri-flanges over Bi-Flanges

So umm Tri-Flanges for me - Until I get my Customs 3's made.. Come on Westone
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 2, 2007 at 5:21 PM Post #18 of 31
I'm a fan of the black foamies for sound, but I still think the yellows are more comfy

Oct 2, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #19 of 31
Yellow foamies were slightly too hard and scratched my canals.

For me, it's a mix between short complies and small Shure black foams. The complies were much more comfortable, but they discolor very fast, and the expanding factor was ultra sensitive to temperature.

Oct 3, 2007 at 3:38 AM Post #20 of 31
So far with my E500s I really like the yellow and grey flex tips the best for comfort. However, with no music playing, I can still clearly hear people talking in the background, even with yellow foamies. Am I doing something wrong?

Oct 3, 2007 at 5:42 AM Post #24 of 31
This should really be a poll.

Personally I prefer the foamies for isolation and sound quality, but they slip out of my ears quite easily. Plus they have to be replaced from time to time.

Never tried the flanges cause they just don't look comfortable to me.

Oct 3, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #25 of 31
On My E500 I like the black Foamies best for comfort. I get the best sound out of the modded Bi´s, but they are too big for my ears und feel uncomfortable.
I also have Customs, but have some problems with them...
When I lay on the side (even just a little bit) the ear Canal presses on the Customs an causes pain. Also the Customs are very deep in my earcanal and feel some kind of strange.
Maybe my Customs are not produced very well?!
I still like the Bose IE best for Comfort. These IE with the sound of the E500 would really satisfy me:))))

Oct 3, 2007 at 7:21 PM Post #26 of 31
the best tips i have come across are the black olives on the new line shures and theres a good reason, for a few years ive tested earphones and always found with silicone and tri flanges that the music at times would tickle the earcanal to the point you take them out and stick a little finger in.

the black foams on shures not only are very comfortable and isolate amazingly...but i have yet to get that horrible tickling sensation that was the norm for a few years or so.

also the fact that they are a soft foam and still fits tight means they rival my customs for fit and comfort, shure has done a great job with the new foams and alot of earphones benefit more from them

Oct 3, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #27 of 31
Thanks for the great input - should have made this a poll but too late now - anyway I'm still finding the soft flex (grey) are working best for me. They don't quite give me the isolation of the Complys or Yellow foamies but I like the sound better with the UM2's. I think I'll order some medium black olives though just to try them - the large ones definitely aren't sealing well at all.

Chris

Oct 3, 2007 at 11:18 PM Post #28 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockey_magnet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the great input - should have made this a poll but too late now - anyway I'm still finding the soft flex (grey) are working best for me. They don't quite give me the isolation of the Complys or Yellow foamies but I like the sound better with the UM2's. I think I'll order some medium black olives though just to try them - the large ones definitely aren't sealing well at all.

Chris

wise choice, foams that dont seal well are clearly not your size,i think you will be impressed with mediums as they should in theory go further in and seal well, and when they do you will wonder why they made the silicone ones lol
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back