What's your favorite anime movie?
Nov 4, 2004 at 8:21 AM Post #106 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikoLayer
the only Studio Ghibli anime i liked was Umi ga Kikoeru and it had no Miyazaki Hayao in it.

i recently finished Natsuiro no Sunadokei OVA. probably not the best there is, but quite entertaining. with that and a newer series called final approach, i am starting to like Princess Soft
biggrin.gif

What's Natsuiro no Sunadokei about?
etysmile.gif

Nov 4, 2004 at 1:14 PM Post #107 of 134
http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1...ro_no_sun.html

here is a 'review' from the site
Natsuiro no Sunadeki...A very beautiful name (means Sandglass of the Summer Colors), but too bad the anime didn`t match up to it. Sadly it`s another one of those short 2 episode OAVs with way too much potential missed by its producers. This time it`s a game from Princess Soft.

Animation: Like most OAVs, Natsuiro no Sunadeki had a higher animation budget per episode than most 13 or 26 episode series. Stuff happens every scene, and the characters are very detailed. It`s a very modern type of artstyle, with many bright colors and thin outlines (like Mizuiro 2003). No Special computer CGs here, but there`s enough animation to hook the audience and keep its attention.

Sound: This OAV also had a very catchy OP theme: Drive away Dream. It goes well with the opening animation, and sets up the mood very well. The ending theme is sadly like any other generic J-pop with a still ending. The BGMs and sound in the anime are nicely done, but how bad can you screw sound in a drama-romance anime? Some of the girls` voices sound ultra high, but since I`ve watched many types of these anime, it`s ok.

Story: A very interesting twist on the typical bishoujo game to anime conversion. This anime introduce the concept of "time leaps" that the main male protagonist uses to help protect the ones he love from danger in the future. Kinda like DNA2 but much more serious. Too bad with only 2 episodes they tried to cram a 13 episode plot into a very short 60 minutes. Some parts seemed way too dramatized, and a lot of plot holes went missing. (like what happened with the swimming freshman with the blue hair?) Some parts didn`t connect well, and there was barely any character development. However, this anime did have very good drama for its short viewing.

Character: The main male lead in the story, Makimura Koutarou was a very active protagonist. Unless most dating sim to anime conversions, this guy sets goals and actually meets them. He wants to ask the girl out, and he does ask her. Girls don`t fall on his lap like most other anime. This was a very refreshing change. Kaho is easily the main female lead, and was given the most screen time. Ligene the time person also was an important character, but wasn`t developed as much. Then there`s the generic childhood friend and a obligatory gay buddy. Typical dating sim to anime conversion.

Value: Sadly it`s only a 2 episode OAV. It it was a full 13 episode or 26 episode series, Natsuiro no Sunadeki could have had the caliber of Kanon or Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. Too bad Princess Soft had never made a full anime series (cough cough Memories Off 1st and Second).

Enjoymen: Length problems or not, I still enjoyed Natsuiro no Sunadeki. It`s unique storyline and high production value made it a nice little drama anime of the year 2004. (and we haven`t found a good dating sim to anime conversion yet this year...let`s hope To Heart exceeds all expectations)

never mind other reviews that claim kanon was an anime conversion done right
rolleyes.gif
as much as i loved the game and found enjoy anime enjoyable, most game fans seem to loathe the anime. again, not the best anime i seen recently, but dont let the ratings scare you. at least it has some of the pretties drawing up to date
smily_headphones1.gif

i still like final approach and futakoi more, but mai hime seems to be improving with each episode. of course the top tiers remain school rumble and genshiken
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 28, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #109 of 134
Princess Mononoke
Cowboy Be-Bop Knocking on heavens door
and....... Howell's moving castle/My neighbor Totoro kind of a tie between those two.

Dec 30, 2010 at 3:49 AM Post #110 of 134
Ghost In The Shell [1995] hands down. Technical masterpiece back in the days. I was blown away by the amount of efforts that went into the nitty-gritty details and the artistic fidelity of the movie. Kenji Kawai also nailed the score. The recent remastered version was disappointing in aspects s/a the the unsettling discontinuity from 3D to cel animations and vice versa.

Dec 30, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #115 of 134
favorit is actually my first one; Akira

Ghost in the Shell comes close

Dec 30, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #117 of 134

Quote:
I liked Ghost In The Shell 2.0. I know many GITS fans didn't though. . .

Didn't dislike it, but I'm not a real fan. Just watch anime sometimes, when I'm in the mood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back