Whats your best purchase this year 2022
Nov 24, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #16 of 45
I bought quite a lot this year and it was an exploratory one to see what my preferences were: Hifiman Susvara, DCA Expanse, DCA Stealth, Grimm MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Ferrum OOR + Hypsos, Warwick Acoustics Bravura System, dCS Network Bridge among others. The best purchase easily is the Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC. Runner up would be DCA Stealth. My system is now in a different realm of audio than where it was a few months ago.

Nov 24, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #17 of 45
DMP-Z1. Not quite in the same category as a DAP but it's knocked my socks off with just how good it is. Looking forward to a lot of listening hours with this thing!

Nov 24, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #18 of 45
I bought quite a lot this year and it was an exploratory one to see what my preferences were: Hifiman Susvara, DCA Expanse, DCA Stealth, Grimm MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Ferrum OOR + Hypsos, Warwick Acoustics Bravura System, dCS Network Bridge among others. The best purchase easily is the Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC. Runner up would be DCA Stealth. My system is now in a different realm of audio than where it was a few months ago.
Some exploration! The Tambaqui is up there on my list of gear to try but sadly still some way outside the budget. happy listening!

Nov 24, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #19 of 45
Some exploration! The Tambaqui is up there on my list of gear to try but sadly still some way outside the budget. happy listening!
The Tambaqui is exceptional, but I too wished the pricing was more accessible. Needless to say diminishing returns at this level is insane.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2022 at 3:55 PM Post #20 of 45
I know I gotta put some more on my list but it has been a real journey for me this year.

My road to complete the dream audio-gd setup:

DDC : DI20HE (ordering soon)
DAC : R8HE mk2(ordered)
AMP : H9 LE
Master clock: waiting for Kingwas version🙏

Dec 4, 2022 at 8:49 PM Post #21 of 45
Tough. If I had to pick just one, it'd be the Perfectwave SACD Transport. It's got me getting more into music than I ever thought was possible (and not just through buying SACDs/CDs, I mean getting out and visiting local venues, concerts, etc.). A good way to get back into things after these difficult past couple of years.

Honorable mention: Magni Piety, a little slice of the community that makes a great Christmas gift.

Dec 6, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #24 of 45
Meze Elite Chameleons and a Cayin HA-3A tube amp

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #28 of 45
I made my best purchase in 2022 a couple of days ago - REL S812 subwoofer. I have contemplated getting a sub for my 2 channel for over a decade but was always scared to pull the trigger due to integration issues and the likelihood of needing to return massive items if things don't work out. I took the plunge this week because I have been listening to HE6se over the last few weeks with my recently tuned system. I was taken aback by the scale and quality of the bass of HE6se and that made my 2 channel sound anemic by comparison.

After the REL went into the system and much tweaking and dialing in, I now have a fully integrated system that goes to 20Hz. The sub has improved not just the bass, but also mid and even treble as well to my amazement. I think that sub did more for my 2 channel system than I was expecting - the system is awe inspiring now.

Merry Christmas y'all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back