Whats wrong with my shuffle?
Jul 14, 2007 at 5:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

EsthetiX

1000+ Head-Fier
I haven't used it in a really long time. Actually I've barely ever even used it. I was going to give it to someone but wanted to compare it to my zune first. So I went to go put new music on it and when i go to do it itunes says "syncing ipod" for what seems forever. The it says theres an error and that the disk is not readable/writable or something.

I've tried different usb ports, resetting the ipod, putting the latest software/firmware on it.

My pc is e6600, 3 gigs patriot extreme ram, corsair hx620, etc... So yah, its definitely not a pc issue
smily_headphones1.gif
heh

ANY ideas? (stupid ipods)

Jul 14, 2007 at 5:55 AM Post #2 of 11
Ah crap wrong spot again. I keep doing this! Mods?

Jul 14, 2007 at 6:07 AM Post #4 of 11
2nd gen, latest itunes. my bads

Actually, I just updated to the latest itunes and I have the same issue but now the error reads "required disc cannot be found" when I try to upload songs/sync.

Jul 15, 2007 at 12:33 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeZ5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try charging it for a very long time, like overnight. Could be a totally drained battery.

Steve

Nope, not that.. Good guess though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 15, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #7 of 11
Have you tried restoring it (through iTunes)?

Jul 15, 2007 at 1:52 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by BetaLyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you tried restoring it (through iTunes)?

yah, oops.. thats what I meant when I said "I tried resetting" in the first post
cool.gif

Jul 15, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #9 of 11
Apple just released a recent version of...what was it called...the Shuffle Restore Utility or something like that.

Search for it around Google or Apple; it was made just for the Shuffle line if iTunes couldn't fix it.

Jul 15, 2007 at 5:04 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apple just released a recent version of...what was it called...the Shuffle Restore Utility or something like that.

Search for it around Google or Apple; it was made just for the Shuffle line if iTunes couldn't fix it.

Ahh it was really exciting to see that post. I tried it and it didnt work...

It also says now "itunes has detected an ipod that appears to be corrupted....." It said that a couple times before when trying to connect.

The internet seems to be littered with people complaining of this problem and NO RESOLUTIONS. Chhhh, one more reason for me to hate ipod.
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back