What's wrong with Headwize?
Nov 30, 2001 at 12:02 AM Post #3 of 19
Speedy for me, too!
biggrin.gif

Nov 30, 2001 at 3:55 AM Post #5 of 19
I'm with Acid, lately it has been painfully slow. To the point where I just quit. Ok, I have a ancient dial-up connection, but there are/were times when HW loaded pretty fast.
confused.gif

Nov 30, 2001 at 4:45 AM Post #6 of 19
May I ask what browser y'all are using? If Headwize is using a MS server, then it's tweaked for IE. Theory -- the two people complaining about the speed are using Netscape, the other three are...not.

Hands up, please, I would like my theory verified.

Nov 30, 2001 at 6:01 AM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT
IE here. Sorry to disprove your theory.

Don't be sorry.
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW, the underlying theory is still correct -- try going to www.microsoft.com with Netscape, then try going with IE. I swear, I think someone coded a bunch of "if (browser == "Mozilla*") then sleep (1000);" throughout the server code.

Nov 30, 2001 at 9:48 AM Post #10 of 19
I'm not sure about this theory ...

A page code could be optimized for certain browser, but not the server.

And even on the page code, only client side scripts (javascripts, actviex, java applets) could be optimized with one browser in mind. Server side perl and php could not. As far as I know.

P.

Nov 30, 2001 at 9:49 PM Post #14 of 19
Headwize is always really fast for me, and head-fi always pretty slow. Probably because of my stupid dialup connection and the simplicity of the headwize pages.

Dec 1, 2001 at 4:36 AM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Pierre Lambion
A page code could be optimized for certain browser, but not the server.

To everyone else -- sorry for going off on this tangent.

Pierre -- why not? Look at this page, then, under the "About Privacy" pull-down, select "What data am I revealing right now?" to find out just how much the server can know about you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back