Whats wrong with firefox. I HATE IT
Jan 6, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #31 of 48
My firefox (latest version) has been crashing quite a bit over the last week or so (particularly on head-fi). It could be an issue with my firewall (comodo) that just manifested. I'll check it out. I'll try reinstalling firefox tomorrow first though. I'm pretty sure my system isn't infected with any malware/viruses/trojans because I'm really ocd about protection. (avira, comodo, spywareblaster, malwarebytes, superantispyware, don't go to unknown sites, etc) I've been using firefox for quite a few years now and don't really wish to move on to another browser such as opera or chrome. Firefox has never really acted up on me til recently, so I'm pretty confident I'll be able to find a solution to my recent problems.

Jan 6, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #32 of 48
Who not just suck it up, and switch to a different browser?
There are so many alternatives out there.

Jan 6, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #33 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

True enough (although a fair number aren't worth their kilobytes).

However, it's kind of dumb (as in the OP's case) to blame your browser for problems that are likely caused by interaction with or use of something other than the browser (such as a plugin or external .dll or file that interfaces with the browser).

If you're having problems, a simple uninstall and reinstall should fix them (assuming you wipe all old settings).

Jan 6, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #34 of 48
I had a back stick of RAM crashing my FireFox. Everything else worked, FF was what helped to expose the bad RAM.

If Apples worked, they wouldn't have a tech support and repairs department.

Jan 6, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #35 of 48
Used to have it on flash intensive pages, and youtube when I upped to v3. Seems to have gone now. Was a bum having to reload all my daily tabs so often.

Now since I have changed router (and internet supplier) head-fi sometimes will not load (6/10 times maybe...very annoying after writing a post and hitting the post button)... I really don't know what's up. Didn't do it before, and only does it in Firefox. Router/internet or some other change that occured at the same time coincidentally?

When some of my head-fi tabs start loading if I reload all my others then, it will work...Hmm wierd.

I guess I should reinstall, but I have made so many about.config mods since 3 came out (used it on 2 aswell, but many things I changed with add-ons and a.c mods were built in on 3 which was cool) have many add-ons etc.

Any ideas? I'm stumped by this...

Jan 6, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #37 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And some pretty good ones to. I have been using Opera for a couple of years and I am pretty satisfied with it.

Jan 6, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #38 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been using Opera for a couple of years and I am pretty satisfied with it.

I was using Firefox for the last couple years, and I just switched to Opera.. I like it a lot better. It's faster, and it seems to use up less resources. I still keep FF on my system though.. it's nice to have a backup browser in case I find a site that Opera can't handle for whatever reason.

Jan 7, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #39 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been using Opera for a couple of years and I am pretty satisfied with it.

Yeah, Opera is quite nice. I used it for several years, up to version 4.7, if I remember correctly.
...and its Norwegian.
smile.gif

Jan 8, 2009 at 11:30 AM Post #40 of 48
Opera used to be pretty great (I used it for a long time before I used firefox). I can't live without my FF extensions now though. If you don't need extensions though, I'd definitely recommend chrome for it's blazing javascript speed.

No bugs or crashes here by the way. Running Firefox 3.0.5 with 30 extensions (which sounds ridiculous and excessive but it really isn't. I actually have a very minimalist layout.):

- Adblock Plus 1.0
- All-in-One Sidebar 0.7.8
- Autohide 1.3.1
- ChatZilla 0.9.84
- Extension List Dumper 1.14.1
- Fancy Numbered Tabs 1.2
- FaviconizeTab 0.9.8.2
- FAYT 2.0.4
- FEBE 6.0.3
- FoxyTunes 3.0.4
- Gmail Notifier 0.6.3.10
- IE Tab 1.5.20081203
- Integrated GMail 1.2.5
- Java Console 6.0.11
- Java Quick Starter 1.0
- Locationbar² 1.0.3
- MeasureIt 0.3.8
- Mouse Gestures Redox 2.0.3
- Open in Browser 1.4
- OpenSearchFox 0.1.5
- PDF Download 2.1.0.0
- Personal Menu 4.1.1
- Personas for Firefox 1.0a6
- Power Twitter 1.01
- Smart Bookmarks Bar 1.4.2
- Stealther 1.0.6
- Stop-or-Reload Button 0.2.2
- Tab Mix Plus 0.3.7.3
- TwitterFox 1.7.4
- Update Notifier 0.1.5.4

Jan 8, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #41 of 48
There are fine alternatives for Firefox, sure. Opera and Chrome both work fine.

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #42 of 48
Yeah, just ditch Firefox and move on...

Jan 8, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #43 of 48
I will for sure
wink.gif
. Thanx guys

Jan 27, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #45 of 48
When I use FF on Windows 7 I don't have too many crashes, but it can be very frustrating in a couple of other areas:

- The scrolling is terrible; it's jerky and hard to navigate with longer pages, and the problem gets worse with more tabs open

- Side margins are very inconsistent; on this Head-fi page, for example, the margins are good,
3.PNG

Bot not on this Head-fi page:
1.PNG

Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back