What's up with Headamp?
Oct 9, 2007 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

DDF

100+ Head-Fier
Put my order in for a Gilmore Lite on Aug 17th, and the paypal transaction closed the same day, so they graciously accepted my money.

Still no amp.

The web site shows its a 3 week wait. I ordered a unity gain version but no mention was made that it would extend the wait. I sent an email 4 days ago to no reply.

This is pretty bizarre customer relations any way you look at it.

Is this company legit? Are they still in business?

Oct 10, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #2 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by DDF /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is this company legit? Are they still in business?

Yes & yes.

I'm sure Justin will get your amp to you, he must be very busy these days.

Oct 10, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #3 of 12
Headamp is perfectly legit, but it is a small one-man operation. Have you tried calling Justin and asking him about the order? I understand you emailed but he is swamped with orders and building on the new Pico amp. I don't blame you for wanting your amp and better communication, but I think you will be satisfied soon.

Oct 10, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #6 of 12
Justin is a straight up guy. He's easier to reach via phone than via email. I always call if I really want an answer. Otherwise, I will use email.
wink.gif

Oct 10, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #7 of 12
Justin,
No problem, I'm good with the wait, but was worried when I didn't hear back from the last 2 email. I've had a few 'interesting' experiences via ebay in the past (as I'm sure many of us have). I had no idea you were a one man shop. Excellent web site for a single man operation btw.

To the others, thanks, and it speaks to Justin's reputation that this was covered off so quickly by all.

Just swapped in OPA627s and some new caps into the dac. Looking forward to the amp.

Cheers,
Dave

Oct 10, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #8 of 12
Give Justin time, he will set things straight... headamp is a 1 man operation (I mean that literally).

Oct 10, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #9 of 12
People should be aware that when ordering from one-man type shows, especially ones that are highly revered (Headamp, Singlepower, Woo Audio, etc), the wait times can be considerable, though most often well worth it.

Oct 10, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeChuck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
People should be aware that when ordering from one-man type shows, especially ones that are highly revered (Headamp, Singlepower, Woo Audio, etc), the wait times can be considerable, though most often well worth it.

I definitely agree -- I've ordered 2 amps from HeadAmp, a GS-1 and AE-2, and although the wait time for both was somewhat longer than anticipated, I have been nothing but thrilled with them. Both amps sound fantastic and the build quality is second to none.

Oct 10, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #11 of 12
It is always a good idea if you have ordered anything from any HeadFi forum manufacturer and things are going a little slower or less than to your liking to use the search function and do a little research. Preferably do this first, before you order so that your expectations will match the experience of others here. I have seen many posts questioning a manufacturers timeliness in delivering a product or responding to an email when things get crossed or it is just after a product launch. Just use the search tab and you will find that the recognized names are still in business and yes they are legit.
wink.gif

Congratulations on your new buy, I am sure you will like it. Make sure you post your impressions.

Oct 10, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeChuck /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just a small correction that neither Singlepower nor Woo Audio are one-man operations. Mikhail has a small crew (though he does do all the R&D and labor afaik) and Woo Audio has at least two other guys besides Jack Wu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back