what's this noise on my HP910s???
Nov 3, 2004 at 5:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

psy_jc

Head-Fier
Hi. I got a pair of Phillips HP910s a few days ago and kept it playing for about 40 hours now. I didn't really use them while I left them to play, only checking it every few hours or so. But I didn't quite notice it before, but now it seems there is quite a bit of noise on the right channel, and it is quite prominent when the music hits certain frequencies-- it is quite a bit more audible with a female vocal, less so with a male. It almost sounds as if there is a poor connection somewhere in the cable or something. Also, it seems to occur at even very reasonable volumes.

Too early to worry, or could this be a serious problem? Hoping to hear some advices/opinions.

Thanks,
jC

Nov 3, 2004 at 6:10 PM Post #2 of 4
Can you be a bit more descriptive? "Noise" is a pretty vague description. Is the driver cutting in and out? Is there a scratching sound? Does it get worse with increased volume? Does it occur more on the beat of a song or all the time?

I would guess you either have a hair lodged in the driver or you've fried it.

Nov 3, 2004 at 7:15 PM Post #3 of 4
I don't really know how I would describe it, but it's kinda like the sound you get from busted speaker, except that it's not THAT bad. But I don't know how I could have busted the drivers already, considering that it's was playing at about 80%-85% output on my iPod, which is only slightly higher than the volume level that I normally use when I'm ouside and have my ksc-35s on.

Nov 3, 2004 at 8:42 PM Post #4 of 4
OK... never mind... I took the right side apart, blew some stuff off the driver, and now it sounds fine...
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back