What's the word on E3C unamped?
Oct 25, 2004 at 12:17 AM Post #31 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by commando
I agree. If you acted like this on my website i'd ban you immediately. Keep it up and you'll eventually be banned here too.

Don't post in my thread, and maybe you should think about getting your own website you power hungry flamer.

Oct 25, 2004 at 12:19 AM Post #33 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by commando
Are you trying to get yourself banned? Or are you just drunk?

You and the 95% of people who frequent this site could not say anything positive if your life depended on it. It's people like you that turn the world into a cruel, selfish place.

You should be banned, imo.

Now, go... get out of my thread, and don't come back. Your comments are not welcome here.

Oct 25, 2004 at 12:22 AM Post #34 of 48
I'm sorry adamofwales, but you've crossed the line. Someone tries to point out that your logic is a bit faulty, and then you call him a retard. That is a pretty childish thing to do.

Furthermore, toaster and blue_onion are right. You're making a misguided assumption. Yes, I'm sure that the etymotic sales literature says that the er6i was designed to have heightened bass. In fact, I've seen it too so that is fact, but what is not fact is that the er6i has heightened bass response compared to the e3c. The only logical statement that you can draw from the etymotic sales literature is that the er6i has heightened bass response when compared to the er6 because it is possible that if you take the er6i and boost up the bass response that you still fall short of the e3's bass.

With that said, based on my experience with these two canalphones, I would say the bass of the er6i and the e3c are comparable. The er6i is a bit brighter, slightly more impactful, and more exciting. The e3 sounds fuller and more pleasant. Overall, I think they are pretty equal IF you can get them for around the same price, and whichever you choose will depend on what sound signature you prefer. If you like grados, go with the er6i. If you like senns, go with the e3c.

Oct 25, 2004 at 12:26 AM Post #35 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by TenaciousO
I'm sorry adamofwales, but you've crossed the line. Someone tries to point out that your logic is a bit faulty, and then you call him a retard. That is a pretty childish thing to do.

Furthermore, toaster and blue_onion are right. You're making a misguided assumption. Yes, I'm sure that the etymotic sales literature says that the er6i was designed to have heightened bass. In fact, I've seen it too so that is fact, but what is not fact is that the er6i has heightened bass response compared to the e3c. The only logical statement that you can draw from the etymotic sales literature is that the er6i has heightened bass response when compared to the er6 because it is possible that if you take the er6i and boost up the bass response that you still fall short of the e3's bass.

With that said, based on my experience with these two canalphones, I would say the bass of the er6i and the e3c are comparable. The er6i is a bit brighter, slightly more impactful, and more exciting. The e3 sounds fuller and more pleasant. Overall, I think they are pretty equal IF you can get them for around the same price, and whichever you choose will depend on what sound signature you prefer. If you like grados, go with the er6i. If you like senns, go with the e3c.

For those of you who need it spelled out for you:

This thread is not about what you think is cool, nor is it about what equipment you have at home, nor is it about me.

This thread is about what is cool, no questions asked.

Don't bother posting here, if you're just going to mouth on about what you think is cool, because I don't care, and my thread readers don't care either.

If you want to mouth on about something, save the webmaster some bandwidth and start your own blog. Then you can mouth on and on about whatever it is that is rolling around in your head.

It's already been established that the e3c is considered better than the er6i by some listeners, whereas the er6i is considered better than the e3c by other listeners. There's nothing you can do about it. It's just reality.

Here's some information on starting your own blog and would be a good place to get yourself started.

Oct 25, 2004 at 12:31 AM Post #36 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by adamofwales
We all know that the er6i is designed for the ipod, and no amp.

What about the Shure E3C?

You asked the members of head-fi a question, and they responded with their opinions. What's the matter with you? I've got an assumption: you probably have a bunch of mind-altering substances in your body right now.

Oct 25, 2004 at 12:34 AM Post #37 of 48
Quote:

You asked the members of head-fi a question, and they responded with their opinions. What's the matter with you? I've got an assumption: you probably have a bunch of mind-altering substances in your body right now.

It's called having to weed through the B.S. It's what you have to do whenever you are going to make a buying decision. See, everyone has there own agenda, and more distinctly their own greed.

Do you have any idea how many corporate marketing people are avid posters on this site???? A LOT.

P.S. You still don't know which phone I like, so there.

Oct 25, 2004 at 12:41 AM Post #38 of 48
Quote:

It's called having to weed through the B.S. It's what you have to do whenever you are going to make a buying decision. See, everyone has there own agenda, and more distinctly their own greed.

Do you have any idea how many corporate marketing people are avid posters on this site???? A LOT.

P.S. You still don't know which phone I like, so there.

Frankly, I don't care which phones you like nor do I care which you purchase. Maybe there are people here who do have their own greedy agenda, but your comments are still uncalled for, and no matter what you think, there are some of us who are simply trying to give you helpful advice. And if you think there are a lot of corporate marketing people on these boards trying to sway you one way or the other, why would you even post? And how do you even know that the people you've called retards or flamers are even marketing people? Do you have access to info that we don't have?

Oct 25, 2004 at 12:45 AM Post #39 of 48
You know what Tenacious D???

Don't post here.

If you can't keep on topic, and insist on instigating little flaming wars, you have no business or right to be in my thread. I hve no tollerance for people who want to instigate ideal drivel. Like I said, if you want to mouth on about what you think about me, start your own blog (see above) Here is not the place to do that. Better yet, send me a private message, I'll be more than happy to school you there.

Consider this is fair warning.

Oct 25, 2004 at 12:45 AM Post #40 of 48
I had been following this thread.. Sad to see it turn ugly so suddenly..
*reports thread*

Oct 25, 2004 at 12:51 AM Post #41 of 48
Quote:

You know what Tenacious D???

Don't post here.

If you can't keep on topic, and insist on instigating little flaming wars, you have no business or right to be in my thread. I hve no tollerance for people who want to instigate ideal drivel. Like I said, if you want to mouth on about what you think about me, start your own blog (see above) Here is not the place to do that. Better yet, send me a private message, I'll be more than happy to school you there.

Consider this is fair warning.

YOU were the one to go off topic by calling people names. I'm done with this thread. People like you give a bad name to head-fi.

Oct 25, 2004 at 1:01 AM Post #42 of 48
Quote:

YOU were the one to go off topic by calling people names. I'm done with this thread. People like you give a bad name to head-fi.

Look in the mirror.

Oct 25, 2004 at 1:06 AM Post #43 of 48
I'm so done with this thread.

Someone, please lock this thread down.

Thank you.

Oct 25, 2004 at 9:01 PM Post #44 of 48
I've been reading all these comparisons between the E3C and ER6i over the past few weeks with some bemusement. One thing is clear, and that is that you CANNOT purchase canal phones based on someone else's subjective impressions. Everyone's ears are different and everyone will have a different experience. I use the E3C's unamped, and to me they are musical Nirvanah (the place, not the band). They sound very natural, so if you are the type of person who likes supertweeters or who turns off the Dolby on your cassette player to listen to tapes recorded in Dolby then perhaps the ER6i's will be more your cup of tea.

Oct 25, 2004 at 9:09 PM Post #45 of 48
Wow. Who WAS that guy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back