What's the thing, when upgrading that definitely changed your music hearing habits
Jun 18, 2005 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

boodi

Headphoneus Supremus
To explain what I mean I'll tell mine

For me it was the source ; what changed the most and got me on a level I really wanted to be was choosing ( very carefully ) and going for a slightly costly source ( the one I have , that is the Shanling s100 mkII ) .

It definitely was this one change that made me see and get more then a step closer to understand what hi-end means and that eventually set my needs for music fidelity at chill for a while and on another level .

Another way to tell it is , from then my ears calmed down
and in some ways they got known that the "right" changes they would have experienced would have probably come less drastically .

From then , the changes I took when trying / substituting gears where nice , but never so outstanding or never so capable as , and going rather in a one direction but far from another that fixing all-in-one in the direction of the right tonality of instruments , which is quite probably the thing my brain and ears seek the most in music

Jun 18, 2005 at 7:26 PM Post #2 of 9
For me it was a combination of things. I started out by buying a pair of AKG271's, I was like "wow these really sound good". Then I got a Gilmore Lite and had another one of those wow it really sounds great now. I had no idea audio could sound that good. Then I got my MMF-5 TT and the all the peices came together.

Jun 18, 2005 at 8:20 PM Post #3 of 9
The iPod after iTunes for Windows came out.

Totally revolutionised my listening habits. I started really seeing the point of playlists given the way they were implemented on iTunes, and how they could really make me benefit from a large library. Blew away any other hard disk player, Minidisc, flash, etc clean away in that way. And still does.

How it sounded was somewhat secondary at that time, since it was accurate enough and I'm in the habit of colouring my sources by choosing the appropriate headphones.

Jun 18, 2005 at 9:03 PM Post #5 of 9
getting my 1st real headphone amp. The SR-71 opened up another world, if i didnt get it i would have been ignorantly content with my ipod and sr-60's. The SR-71 made me realize what a jump in sound i could achieve with source and can upgrades, which i did, in reality, Ray opened up my ears to headphone fidelity, i really owe it to him, his products as well as our numerous conversations about audio stuff as well, he's one of the most intelligent people I have had the pleasure of knowing.

I would imagine once i get my speaker setup that will be my next big revelation too!

Jun 19, 2005 at 4:28 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
The iPod after iTunes for Windows came out.

Totally revolutionised my listening habits. I started really seeing the point of playlists given the way they were implemented on iTunes, and how they could really make me benefit from a large library.

Same here... before I got my iPod, I was listening to a flash player with 512 megs storage. I listened to an album now and then.

But once I got an iPod, I ripped my CD collection and started buying new ones. As bangraman said, having a massive amount of music at your fingertips which you can manipulate with playlists really changed my listening habits. Or in my case, it started a regular habit.

Jun 19, 2005 at 6:15 AM Post #8 of 9
Is there punctuation for questions

It is really hard for me to understand what you are saying

Jun 19, 2005 at 7:57 AM Post #9 of 9
MS2 totally changed my listening tastes.

Pre-MS2 it was strictly prog-rock and metal on my DT770.

Post MS2... Joe pass, Ella fitzgerald, Adrian Legg, Ray Charles, Miles davis, Jonathan butler, Johnny cash, Ry Cooder, Willie nelson, Wylon Jennings, Bonnie rait.

Wonder what would happen it I got an HD600 and SR71?

Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back