What's the significance of your username?
Dec 26, 2004 at 9:42 AM Post #76 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephonovich
(...) For any non-Linux users out there, /dev/null is the null device, or non-existant.(...)

It also exists in MS-DOS, btw: NUL:

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Dec 27, 2004 at 6:56 AM Post #77 of 99
Pretty easy... first name plus last name first letter plus 900.... I was trying to get an AOL IM name, and all the jeffreyj's were taken! So I went with jeffreyj900
biggrin.gif

Dec 27, 2004 at 7:09 AM Post #78 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffreyj900
Pretty easy... first name plus last name first letter plus 900.... I was trying to get an AOL IM name, and all the jeffreyj's were taken! So I went with jeffreyj900
biggrin.gif

So the real question is then...

Why 900?
wink.gif

Dec 27, 2004 at 5:24 PM Post #79 of 99
Wow .. great background guys ! Wish I put more thoughts when signing here and came up with better name like shebangs or something like that.

My call name on other groups is nakmaniak, just to be polite I changed it slightly here. Hope I can revert back to original because it sounds so ... maniac. Now that I'm cured from that sickness of grabbing many vintage nakamichis, I've become your average phones collecting sick guy.
eggosmile.gif

I still have more nak decks than phones though. [size=xx-small]And just yesterday I saw this beautiful tandberg 3014 ...[/size]

Dec 27, 2004 at 11:41 PM Post #80 of 99
1911 is a tribute to the time tested .45 ACP caliber 1911 semiautomatic pistol. i was a 9mm fan until i got my hands on this beauty....

Dec 28, 2004 at 5:10 AM Post #83 of 99
When I first got email, a friend that I cycled with signed an email to me D___ "Ironman" _______, appropriate because he rode a steel frame bike. Both of us are too old to be serious athletic contenders, though we did some triathalon relays. I replied with a signature of "Carbonman". My bike frame is (and always will be!) carbon fiber. The moniker stuck, and I also use it on Audiokarma and Audio Asylum.
icon10.gif

Dec 28, 2004 at 7:19 AM Post #85 of 99
i liked the name "squarepusher", but didn't want to copy it. so shape became color and push came to shift. strangely i've never heard squarepusher. most call me red, shifter, or in one case "redhissfitter".
tongue.gif

Dec 28, 2004 at 7:31 AM Post #86 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
i liked the name "squarepusher", but didn't want to copy it. so shape became color and push came to shift. strangely i've never heard squarepusher. most call me red, shifter, or in one case "redhissfitter".
tongue.gif

And all the time I believed it had to do with either astronomy or oceanology.

Dec 28, 2004 at 7:06 PM Post #87 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by Onix
And all the time I believed it had to do with either astronomy or oceanology.

yes, there is some astronomy in there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back