What's the perfect computer program for any MP3 players?
Nov 11, 2010 at 3:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Audiophile1811

500+ Head-Fier
HI. After not getting satisfying responses from my previous thread I have decided to be more specific so I can finally get the answers I'm looking for.
So, I want to know if there is any program I can download, for free, that is in any way more useful or more compatible with Portable Audio Players (MP3s) than standard programs available on a regular PC or computer?  
I am looking for something that can convert all my audio files to a bit rate of 320kbps and lossless FLAC. 
Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I would really appreciate your responses.
Thank You, A1811.

Nov 11, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #2 of 6
I use MAX and am happy with it.  It can convert to a huge number of formats, form one to the other, and does so nicely.  Then if you need a player, I find Songbird to sound terrific. 

Nov 12, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #3 of 6

Quote:
HI. After not getting satisfying responses from my previous thread I have decided to be more specific so I can finally get the answers I'm looking for.
So, I want to know if there is any program I can download, for free, that is in any way more useful or more compatible with Portable Audio Players (MP3s) than standard programs available on a regular PC or computer?  
I am looking for something that can convert all my audio files to a bit rate of 320kbps and lossless FLAC. 
Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I would really appreciate your responses.
Thank You, A1811.

Edit:
after further reading and researching, i found this two very great programs

if you will rip your songs from cd's, i highly recommend you use this. it is very popular among audiophiles because it provides high accuracy and ability to rip severely damaged audio disk
http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

if you will convert one file to another format this program is the best tool you can use, it won numerous awards and if you got a nvidia card it can utilize cuda to accelerate convertion speed
http://www.mediacoderhq.com/index.htm

Nov 12, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #5 of 6
You can take a look at DoubleTwist.  It's an app for syncing portables.  Will do transcoding as necessary.  It's focus is on syncing to portables.  It's not an audiophile player.  So you'd still need a proper audiophile type media player.

For players the two choices I could recommend are Foobar and J River Media Center.  Foobar is free.  J River Media Center is $50, though there is a free Jukebox version that removes some of the audiophile features.

J River Media Center can sync many portables.  Will transcode as necessary when syncing.  Can keep a cache of transcoded files so they don't need to be transcoded again.  It's an audiophile player and does proper gapless playback.

MediaMonkey is neat on paper, but fails to do proper gapless playback when doing ASIO or bitperfect playback.  I won't use a media player that doesn't do gapless properly for both MP3 and FLAC.  If you don't care about gapless it may be worth a look.  But it's really just a dressed up WinAmp.

Nov 22, 2010 at 9:05 AM Post #6 of 6
I use to use EAC. Now I just use iTunes to rip CDs straight to ALAC. As for syncing, I think just about every PMP allows you to drag n' drop files. The only one's that might be a pain are the iPod and Zune.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back