What's the most punctual SQ awesome BASS IEM or open back?
Jun 11, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #2 of 14
You need your headphones to turn up on time with their sound quality?

Jun 11, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #5 of 14
You might find some used Campfire Vegas at that price and they do bring the bass fairly well. Open backs won’t give the slam as some closed backs but planars will give a very linear bass response not for sure what your meaning of perfect is but for me the JPS Labs AB-1266 Abyss is just about as perfect as it gets but is just a bit over your budget.

Jun 12, 2020 at 1:07 AM Post #7 of 14
If you haven't heard a really sq subwoofer before than it's hard to judge a pair for what I'm looking for however it is kind of what I'm judging these next too. Now I know it won't have as much SPL so to say however I'm really looking for that unbelievably well sounding bass and all else should fall into line as above acceptable for the pair of headphones.

Jun 12, 2020 at 3:38 AM Post #9 of 14
I think the Hyla CE-5 or Hyla TE-5B are what you are looking for. But I don't know if it's possible to get them at this price.

Jun 12, 2020 at 4:14 AM Post #10 of 14
Those are quite out of budget I was hoping to spend around $300 or less maximum of $500. And I was also hoping to find some IEM's, though out of your guys experiences... one guy mentioned that I should really be looking for a closed back if I want excellent bass performance? Well that does make sense actually at least coming from car audio it does.

Jun 12, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #11 of 14
I just meant that the bass is delivered as perfectly as possible.

There's a problem there depending on your reference for what "perfect" is...

If you haven't heard a really sq subwoofer before than it's hard to judge a pair for what I'm looking for however it is kind of what I'm judging these next too. Now I know it won't have as much SPL so to say however I'm really looking for that unbelievably well sounding bass and all else should fall into line as above acceptable for the pair of headphones.

...because sending the bass into your ears directly lacks the punch on a real subwoofer or large speakers.

People tend to perceive the bass off of something like a Focal Grande Utopia or Sonus Faber Stradivari Homage (ie obviously I'm not talking about a van with an MTX Jackhammer or a home theater with at least two JL Audio Gotham V2s pumping out a bass track making coins bounce on the roof or shaking the room as Godzilla walks) as stronger than a headphone or IEM with similar measurements since the latter doesn't give that tactile feedback even if they measure the same to a mic. This isn't a matter of "measurements are imperfect" but a matter of where the bass is, ie, all around a room and hitting your chest vs bypassing all of that and going into your ears.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2020 at 8:26 AM Post #12 of 14
There's a problem there depending on your reference for what "perfect" is...

...because sending the bass into your ears directly lacks the punch on a real subwoofer or large speakers.

People tend to perceive the bass off of something like a Focal Grande Utopia or Sonus Faber Stradivari Homage (ie obviously I'm not talking about a van with an MTX Jackhammer or a home theater with at least two JL Audio Gotham V2s pumping out a bass track making coins bounce on the roof or shaking the room as Godzilla walks) as stronger than a headphone or IEM with similar measurements since the latter doesn't give that tactile feedback even if they measure the same to a mic. This isn't a matter of "measurements are imperfect" but a matter of where the bass is, ie, all around a room and hitting your chest vs bypassing all of that and going into your ears.
I was just hoping to find a closed back or IEM that mimicks what my sub can do as far as the sound of my car audio Sundown SD3. Where it... it kind of plays the notes 20-80hz so perfectly that people believe it’s whitchcraft of sound quality and not sound pressure level as you were describing.
They play the bass notes with so much detail that people really are stunned that they can do that and that there is that much detail to be found in the notes beyond just a thump or thud.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #13 of 14
I think I might relate to what you say. At home, I can't listen to music without a properly configured subwoofer. It's not the sheer output or power but just the ability to replay tactile sub bass and without it, I feel the very essence of music is missing and I don't find it engaging. I spent years trying to replicate this with IEM and headphones and I ended up a few months ago on the Campfire Audio Polaris V2 standing at the very top of your budget.

It's the first IEM that satisfies my bass cravings. I know it is because it's the first time I'm not out and about looking for another set already.

Jun 12, 2020 at 11:38 PM Post #14 of 14
I think I might relate to what you say. At home, I can't listen to music without a properly configured subwoofer. It's not the sheer output or power but just the ability to replay tactile sub bass and without it, I feel the very essence of music is missing and I don't find it engaging. I spent years trying to replicate this with IEM and headphones and I ended up a few months ago on the Campfire Audio Polaris V2 standing at the very top of your budget.

It's the first IEM that satisfies my bass cravings. I know it is because it's the first time I'm not out and about looking for another set already.
If you've heard it it's addicting. I highly recommend a sd3 d2 or d4 from the sundown yard sale and you can build a box for it guys if you want to hear the sub that set me up for this... this... this listening to such detailed bass that just one couldn't think actually does exist and it does and it's amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back