Whats the most physical pain you ever experienced
Jan 3, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #91 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EMG

This test has been administered on me several times in the past and unfortunately have one scheduled for next month...and anyone that knows about an Electromyograph, and the nerve conduction ion test that cooresponds with an EMG in efforts to test myopathies of an inflammatory nature can attest, it is the most painful thing I have ever seen or experienced..

Hope no one here needs one ever..
plainface.gif

The test consists of long needles charged with electricity that are inserted directly into the main muscles and all the way to the bone..then while the needle that is electronically charged as an active eletrode, the person having the test performed on must flex the actual muscle that has a large needle all the way through and whilest this painful process is occurring, the needle is scraped on purpose over the surface of the bone, collecting nerve and other information from the muscles and enzymes. These tests mark some of the worst days I have endured ever..and the pain and weakness brought on from this type of testing lasts weeks, and is needless to say, excruciating during the testing..would rather have someone punch me in the face, gut, and and goin 5 times each while smiling than one minute of an EMG..personally

Pretty sure this is what my brother had to go through...he has had a bunch of surgeries on his elbow and shoulder (latest was Tommy John from snapping his elbow while pitching) and he was telling me how they had to stick this needle that was long as hell all the way through his elbow to test his nerves or something like that, and he said they had to strap him down and have nurses practically laying on him to keep him from moving. He said the pain was ridiculous even after he took a bunch of pain killers.

Jan 3, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #92 of 114
I had internal blistering, and they found i had a tear in my bladder wall, fortunately it's a sterile enviroment in there and it healed up pretty quick
wink.gif

I now wear latex gloves when preparing chillies, looks a bit daft but imcomparable to the embarrassment of lying on the bathroom floor half naked in front of your (hot) neighbour whilst every orifice decides to let go at once
blink.gif

Jan 3, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #93 of 114
Once I was opening a pineapple can and there was text on top of the lid, while focused on reading the text I sliced my finger. It said "Peel carefully, edges may be sharp".

Thats too good to be true.

Jan 3, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #94 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Once I was opening a pineapple can and there was text on top of the lid, while focused on reading the text I sliced my finger. It said "Peel carefully, edges may be sharp".

Thats too good to be true.

The lid has a round handle on it that you need to lift up and pull. It's stiff so it needs to be twisted sideways for it to come loose. I was twisting it and reading the text at the same time.

I think I figured out why I haven't had any big injuries yet, it's because I'm too extreme to get injured. If you live extreme you get used to it, it becomes a lifestyle. Like when you do chicken race with mountainbike against a car, if the car doesn't stop first you know that you need to steer sideways with the pedal above the curb and do a little jump to avoid smashing his mirror. The first time maybe not go so well but after some practice it becomes a habit.
Remember when you do skydiving for the first time, you jump out of the plane and before hitting the ground you realize you forgot to bring your parachute with you. Once you pack your parachute many times it becomes a habit and you remember all the steps to do it safely. A pro skydiver lives a safer life than a hairy grandmother with lit candles all over her house.
The more extreme, the more safe, does it make sense?

Jan 3, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #95 of 114
These are the 3 most painful things that have happened to me.

3. I mule kicked my locker as hard as a could bc it wouldn’t close properly, only this time my index finger was in the way ha, it cut down to the bone and cracked the finger, so that felt pretty nice.

2. I’ve had several ingrown toenails, but I went to a regular physician for my first one, and he completely under dosed me with only about a 1/4 of a syringe so I could still feel my toe pretty well, so I felt him cutting down my toe with a pair of scissors, rip out the root, then definitely the worst part, and by then the anesthesia was pretty much gone was when he burned the wound with silver nitrate.

3. But far and away the most painful thing that has happened to me is back when I kickboxed, I was sparring with my trainer who was very competitive, full force kicked me in the nuts, with no cup. It didn’t hurt for like the first 3 seconds, during which I was thinking "man this is going to be bad."

Jan 3, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #97 of 114
Seriously, who takes photo's of glasses full of saliva?. I mean come on, why?
blink.gif

Yeah, I know it was patrick82, who else would write..

I think I figured out why I haven't had any big injuries yet, it's because I'm too extreme to get injured.

Jan 3, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #98 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
reading this thread.

my brain hurts and i want to throw up.
blink.gif

Seconded! I've had the usual bumps, scrapes, ear infections, etc., but aside from a moderately painful pinched nerve in my back, none of the hideously painful-sounding injuries and medical complications I've read in this thread. I even get to keep all my wisdom teeth!

With any luck, I'll be able to keep things going the way they are.
tongue.gif

Jan 3, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #99 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by TVaudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bad vasectomy. I had 26 operations on my leg between the ages of 3 and 14 before I finally had it amputated, and that was nothing compared to the pain of a vasectomy gone wrong.

I agree, when I had mine they didn't apply it properly and when they burned my rigth tube I experienced the most painful sensation ever on my life. I also have had appendicitis, but it wasn't so painful as a bad V.

Jan 3, 2007 at 6:55 AM Post #100 of 114
There's no pain like back pain, I say. Last time my back went out, after three days of laying in bed, not even being able to roll on my side, I tried to make it to the bathroom. The proberbial "white flash" and "bolt of pain" hit me. I passed out as I tried to get up. Yep, back pain will teach you a lesson every time.

Jan 3, 2007 at 7:29 AM Post #101 of 114
Sorry but the vasectomy and baloon animal analogy made me crack up, as painful as it sounds. From reading I do not want to get kidney stones, or an EMG, and the only kind of prevention to kidney stones is to drink plenty of water, to the point where you are peeing every 10 minutes is what is recommended.

Jan 3, 2007 at 2:27 PM Post #103 of 114
1994 Circuit des Mines, France.

Jan 3, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #104 of 114
Heart Attack - 100% blockage of right descending artery. Re-defined the level of pain I thought it was possible for a person to feel. The insertion of a quite large diameter catheter was childs play in comparison.

It's so painful that at a certain point you stop writhing around and just lay still, cause nothing helps and the pain is overwhelming. Quadruple doses of morphine did nothing, nothing at all.

Jan 3, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #105 of 114
Seems like the pain I had for two days after pulling out a healthy wisdom tooth (not enough space for it) is nothing compared to some of you guys!

Yes, after 35 years of living that is the most physical pain I have experienced.
I consider myself pretty lucky!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back