What's the max quality on ipod?
May 6, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #2 of 5
I have successfully played 24-bit/48KHz Apple Lossless files on my 1G iPod nano.
iTunes display a warning when trying to upload 24-bit/96KHz files, so they are obviously not supported.

May 7, 2008 at 2:56 PM Post #3 of 5
yep, 24/48 for ALAC works but it will not work for a wav. I got it to play 24/48 ALAC but I was getting a lot of odd artifacts and poping, so I just did 16/48.

I ripped out the DoblyTrueHD track from my NIN Beside You In Time HD-DVD, split out the channels as mono wavs, and downmixed it with audacity, 2 sets, one 24/48 (FLAC'd this one), one 16/48 (which I took and converted it to ALAC for my ipod) Damn it sounds great.

May 8, 2008 at 5:18 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have successfully played 24-bit/48KHz Apple Lossless files on my 1G iPod nano.
iTunes display a warning when trying to upload 24-bit/96KHz files, so they are obviously not supported.

Had the same experience trying to upload 88.2/24 AIFF files (FLAC downloads from Linn Records, converted to AIFF using Max). Sucks. Time for a "Dear Steve" letter. Or maybe a petition.

The high-def files (I have two albums worth, "The Messiah" and Mozart Symphones 38-41) sound utterly awesome on my desktop setup (iBook - Predator - Shure SE 530). Sure would be nice to be able to take them on a plane ...

May 8, 2008 at 3:25 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by burnspbesq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Had the same experience trying to upload 88.2/24 AIFF files (FLAC downloads from Linn Records, converted to AIFF using Max). Sucks. Time for a "Dear Steve" letter. Or maybe a petition.

The high-def files (I have two albums worth, "The Messiah" and Mozart Symphones 38-41) sound utterly awesome on my desktop setup (iBook - Predator - Shure SE 530). Sure would be nice to be able to take them on a plane ...

Sure, it would be nice to have iPod's who support all audio files supported by iTunes.
But there may be hardware limitations preventing it from happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back