What's the loudest overear headphone? A plus if come with Bluetooth
Jan 24, 2015 at 7:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Marlitosway88

New Head-Fier
Hello I'm a new member and would like to know what's the loudest headphone? I have an original beats by pro since 2011. YES, I know it's not the best brand but it's the only loudest headphone at that time. I feels that it is time for me to upgrade to a Bluetooth headphone . Oh I'm hard of hearing by the way which why I'm looking for a loudest headphone. (please excuse my English If it's not perfect) thank you in advance

Jan 24, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #2 of 7
Welcome! First of all, be careful with volume. Too loud headphones cause hearing damage, and make existing hearing damage worse.
Second, almost every headphone is capable of getting very loud. It depends on their impedance rating and especially their electrical sensitivity/efficiency.
Third, loudness is produced by an amplifier driving a headphone, not by the headphone by itself. Which sled is the fastest? The one with the strongest pushers.
How will you be using the headphone? At home, with a stereo, or portable through an iPod or smartphone, or both or other? That will guide our recommendations to you (also, price).

Jan 24, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #3 of 7
Thank you!
Well I'm hard of hearing which means I'm deaf. I tried so many headphones and it was not enough loud for me to be able to hear the music especially the vocal!
Here's the list of the headphones I tried so far and no luck!

Monster 24k
V moda m100
Urbanite xl wireless
Bose quiet comfort 25
Sony extra bass Bluetooth
Samsung level over
Skullcandy aviator
Monster Adidas Originals
Beats Studio wireless (yes, it's loud but you can't use the cable If the battery die)
Sol republic air tracks

Sometimes I use my ipod but most of the time, I use my smartphone (Galaxy note 3) at work (I works as a preloader at UPS) or the gym. I prefer the Bluetooth over the ear headphone if there's one that is loud enough for me.

Jan 24, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #4 of 7
The Sony MDR-V6 I once owned was by far the most vocal-accentuated headphone I have ever heard.  It has some bright/edgy harmonic resonances as well as spectral peaks in the 2.5k-6khz range.  Its also closed so that helps force its soundstage into your head.   It has some nicely done bass kick too.  Not all together a bad headphone.  Its very efficient... but if you are hearing deficient you might need an amp too.  Its not bluetooth though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back