what's the longest you waited for an amp?
Mar 19, 2004 at 6:23 AM Post #16 of 57
You will melt when you hear the ppx3. The amp has so much richness; and bass slam too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2004 at 7:21 AM Post #18 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by sacd lover
You will melt when you hear the ppx3. The amp has so much richness; and bass slam too.
smily_headphones1.gif

I can't stand reading this stuff anymore! This is torture
mad.gif
biggrin.gif

I know I loved the prototype at the Denver meet a while back, and I somehow managed to scrape the funds together to get one now (that was a real budget stretch). That is the first thing I look for in my email every day is word on the PPX3 from Mikhail. I am definately not a patient person
wink.gif

Mar 19, 2004 at 6:58 PM Post #20 of 57
thats supernice of you to give away your meta42 to the ampless SC53 ... major props ..!!
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2004 at 9:02 PM Post #21 of 57
md1032 really lucked out!

Mar 19, 2004 at 9:34 PM Post #22 of 57
KGSS - 4 month wait.
Latest amp - 2 months and counting. It looks like this one could go as high as 8 months, but we'll see.

Mar 19, 2004 at 11:06 PM Post #24 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by kuma
9months?????

Say, it's not your balance Gilmore Ref. is it?
eek.gif

Yes it is, I made the first deposit in June of last year!
eek.gif
While I think it's going to be a very special amplifier, man am I getting tired of waiting!

Mar 20, 2004 at 1:01 AM Post #25 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by gpalmer
eek.gif
While I think it's going to be a very special amplifier, man am I getting tired of waiting!

gpalmer,

wow. I thought I've waited long enough for my kuma gilmore.
eek.gif

Mar 20, 2004 at 1:03 AM Post #26 of 57
Quote:

eek.gif

will u sell ur stealth when u get it?

Mar 20, 2004 at 1:11 AM Post #27 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by ROSSOred
will u sell ur stealth when u get it?

I don't have a Stealth. I have a feeling that it would be a wonderful amplifier and preamp based on Ray's past work and markl's description of it, but I really don't have anywhere I need a preamp at the moment and I'm pretty content with the amps I either have on hand or have ordered. Matter of fact, I'm probably going to be selling one of them in the future, but it's just too hard to pick one to go, I like all of them!

Mar 20, 2004 at 1:49 AM Post #28 of 57
Quote:

9 months and counting, but I'm not bitter!
mad.gif

Me too,but on a lighter note my kgss came in today,Listening to The he90s on it . Man a long wait but worth it.
Hang in there yours should be right behind mine.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 20, 2004 at 2:07 AM Post #29 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by bozebuttons
Hang in there yours should be right behind mine.
smily_headphones1.gif

Last I talked to Justin he was just chasing down a hum in the standard headphone jacks so it's pretty close to time to stick a fork in it. All things considered I'd rather have an amplifier take longer than expected to build and be wonderful when it gets to me than to have it come and be defective.
wink.gif

Edit : BTW Great news about the KGSS, I really want to hear your impressions. I plan on expanding into the electrostatic realm next year and I really want to hear how it goes once those black gates kick in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back