What's the deal with the DT-770's?
Dec 14, 2002 at 5:48 PM Post #16 of 33
your hair loooks like its not there
cool.gif
like on this little boldy

anyways.. i am finding the dt-770 to be a bit over bearing and oh so powerful
evil_smiley.gif
makes everythings pount, my ears really feel every note.... i dont know if my ears can take it..
then again i have been listening to stuff like ozzy and a lot of trace/goth
smily_headphones1.gif

but i find it difficult to wear em for more than 30 minutes..
any suggestions?
like getting titanium reenforced ears?
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 14, 2002 at 9:29 PM Post #17 of 33
You guys don't recognize my avatar?
eek.gif

Yeah, what's up with that black gunk on your head?
tongue.gif

I've always read that the beyer pads were quite nice big and comfortable. I guess it still depends on just how oversized your ears are.

Dec 15, 2002 at 5:56 AM Post #20 of 33
To steer this thread back on course.....

I asked Jan Meier in email about the DT770 and he replied that they will be available in January (presumably at the same time at the DT880). The cost from Meier that he quoted me was:

"DT770 (new model) + shipping = EUR 175,- / $
175,-"

He too indicated that they would slightly more comfortable and alot more expensive. For a person with an average sized head and no serious concerns about clamping pressure, the Pro version is certainly the best value. But for someone like myself who has a big head (wearing a pair of DT250-80's was agony), the slight comfort upgrade for an average person may make the difference between whether I can or cannot use this headphone.

I am looking forward to their release, and I am working some overtime to afford these headphones. I have a feeling that my search for the perfect headphone will be over next month......

Dec 15, 2002 at 6:04 AM Post #21 of 33
Thanks for the info, Jeff. Just what I wanted to know.

Though, I'm not sure how big my head is. I think I'll go for the Pro version and see how that works out
smily_headphones1.gif

- Chris

Dec 15, 2002 at 6:09 PM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by Riddles
Well I just got me a pair of DT 770... and it does vice up a bit.. but as someone suggested in one previous post..
get the entire tolken trilogy and put the headphones over it for the ngiht... im plannng to do something similar..

I know this is off topic, but are you refering to an audiobook version of LOTR?

-Phreon-

Dec 15, 2002 at 11:31 PM Post #23 of 33
I believe he is referring to the hard copies.

Dec 16, 2002 at 8:34 AM Post #25 of 33
Hrm, more specifically, the LoTR trilogy would be the ones wearing the headphones...

Dec 27, 2002 at 4:09 AM Post #26 of 33
hmm I found that since the head band is made of very nice metal.. it is 'rather' bendable
very_evil_smiley.gif

so i took it upon myself to 'sculpt' it to my head.. overdid it a bit at first, but no biggy, it return back to shape in a jiffy..
(jst have to apply pressure in reverse) but i still found that the sound was so powerful!!! i eman it could blow my head away.. it was like that (a lot of fun if you like that) but my poor ears could only tolerate it so much..
guess i didnt go to enough heavy metal concerts back in the day
smily_headphones1.gif

ahnywas my point.. the cans are AWESOME, but u'll regret getting them if you have sensitive ears like me.... then again, if you used to be headbanger, then you should be ok..

p.s pretty plz dont flame me
eek.gif

im only expressing my opinion

Dec 27, 2002 at 6:40 PM Post #27 of 33
riddles, i just ordered a DT770 yesterday. had christmas money burning a hole in my pocket. I don't have sensitive ears so I hope these cans try to blow my head off. That's what i'm counting on. Oh and I will let my LOTR books have a listen to them as they burn it, good idea. i have a medium-small head so no point in paying for a new model with same drivers.

Jan 4, 2003 at 3:19 PM Post #29 of 33
So how do I tell between 'old' DT770 and 'new' and the Pro?
A pro audio shop I frequent has the DT770's advertised for a good price but they list the product code as BEYE-DT770PRO and it claims that the impedance is 600ohms?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back