Whats the deal with black friday ads this year?
Oct 29, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #2 of 15
Probably a bit too soon.

Look for huge LCD/plasma wars this year.

Oct 29, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #4 of 15
i want to see what if any sales will happen for HD-DVDs... i see that day as a possible opportunity to make a big jump in my collection

knowing my luck there will be some sale on players but not one on discs (seems to be the tactics used on the HD-DVD side... price the players to sell but never have any sales on the discs)

Oct 30, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #5 of 15
Black Friday = stay home and watch on TV all the idiots practically killing themselves and losing all sense of human decency just so they can save $100

Oct 30, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #6 of 15
i went to black friday just for the hell of it. i didnt even plan on buying anything... lawlz

i ended up buying $15 MuVo MP3 players as gifts though

and a cheap $20 dvd burner

Oct 30, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #7 of 15
I LOVE black friday, and not so much for the deals. I go to people watch, to "observe the human condition." There are so many people that it's almost like many of them tune out the fact that they are surrounded by strangers. I can't name any thing special thats happened, just people acting funny. It's total chaos. I used to be very wild and crazy, but now I've toned down quite a bit, so one of my thrills is being in the middle of the huge clusterf**k that is black Friday and going between like 3 or 4 malls (i used to go to the Mall of America and then like 2 smaller strip malls) and some specialty stores trying to get just a few things. I know some people would hate this kind of thing, but I think it's great. But on a normal day, if I just wanted to go get a CD and there was that kind of craziness going on, I would turn around and go home.

Oct 30, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #8 of 15
Wow... I had to google black friday, I had never heard of it before(I live in Canada). It kind of sounds like boxing day, which I always thought was a fun day (both to work and to shop).

Oct 30, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #9 of 15
I remember last year at Black Friday at Frys, the checkout line winded up and down so many aisle, and it took me more than 30-40 mins to buy whatever it was.... I can't wait! (get it
wink.gif
)

Oct 30, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #10 of 15
Yeah Black Friday is like Boxing Day for us Canadians, albeit not at the same period of time, but similar in that it is their biggest shopping day for sales.

It is with great pain I miss black friday because I live in Canada and boxing day because I always go see my mom for christmas in states... Real sad for a poor college student who needs more clothes lol!

Oct 30, 2007 at 12:49 PM Post #11 of 15
I just love going out to the stores (typically Circuit City, Best Buy, or Macy's) with my nappy hair and pajamas! It's especially funny when I'm looking at suits, the salespeople look at me like I'm homeless and shouldn't be there...it's quite funny. Then I end up buying! Black Friday is a good day to add to my clothes collection. I never go after the hottest deals, I'm not that crazy. I also like to go out and chat with people because everyone is generally in a good mood...the christmas spirit is upon us.

My wife and I are spending date night this week putting up our Christmas tree!
Crazy? Yes, yes I am.

Oct 30, 2007 at 1:23 PM Post #12 of 15
I can't wait for Black Friday. Getting in the back of a line of 1000 other idiots at 2 AM on the hopes that what I want will be in there is just great.

I lucked out last year, the 22" LCD I wanted was stored up high and locked in, so me and 10 other people who just stood there underneath it for an hour all got one
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2007 at 2:03 PM Post #13 of 15
You can always check in on http://www.bfads.net to see when the ads get leaked. The typical scam is to buy what's going on sale before the sale at regular price and going in the day of the sale to have the store match the advertised price as per their store policy. I've never tried it, so can't say with any certainty it would work, but that's the idea behind bfads.net.

Oct 30, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #14 of 15
I think i'll stay home and relax and enjoy the day off. Black Friday is such a stressful day, its beyond me why people are willing to subject themselves to that kind of torture to save a couple of bucks. Plus, I feel absolutely bored of whats coming out these days (in terms of gadgetry).

Oct 30, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #15 of 15
Yup, I'll be there at the malls again for Black Friday. Except I won't be the one waiting in line and fighting the crowds. My role is to drive and drop off my other family members at mall way before 4 a.m. so they can wait it out in line. Then I just park my car and go back to sleep. It used be be that most retailers open their doors at 5 a.m. on Black Friday, now many of them are open at 12 a.m.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back