What's the catch?
Dec 27, 2005 at 8:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SoundsGood

100+ Head-Fier
So, lately on eBay there have been a plethora of auctions for the Audio Technica EC-7 headphones. They are ridiculously low priced, but then charge like $30 for shipping. Is the shipping charge the only catch in these auctions? These seem a little too good to be true. I see quite a few of them ship from China; perhaps they aren't legit? Just curious. I have no affiliation with eBay or any of the sellers.

I've been pretty interested in the EC-7s for awhile, so I've been debating ordering some. I've got the KSC-75s right now, which are very good, but I think I want something a little more discreet. I also seem to have a little trouble keeping the 75s clipped on my ears.

Dec 27, 2005 at 9:34 PM Post #3 of 4
There are known AT EC-7 knockoffs on eBay. These are FAKES.

Dec 27, 2005 at 9:52 PM Post #4 of 4
regardless of the item-look at the feedback and check to see what items this person has SOLD (not bought) in the past. Ratings never lie-unless its someone who is relatively new and has had all his friends buy from him and rate him.
Sorry about the caps...but-BEWARE OF SELLERS WHO HAVE VERY HIGH RATINGS BUT HAVE NEVER SOLD BEFORE. I could have a 700 rating with a 100% feedback but they could all be based on BUYS not SELLS.
Lastly, please no offense to anyone Asian here (have tons have Asian friends
biggrin.gif
)-I buy nothing that ships from the Orient on Ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back