what's the best stepped attenuator from the ff. choices?
Jun 30, 2002 at 8:09 PM Post #2 of 6
DACT and Goldpoint are very well liked on AudioAsylum. I'm planning to swap a 10k DACT CT2 into a Corda. They're relatively inexpensive compared to many others and require no assembly. The near-zero signal parth surface mount construction is very interesting.

Jun 30, 2002 at 10:37 PM Post #3 of 6
Apart from the audionote:
http://www.audionote.co.uk

The TKD is regarded as the best stepper available but it's expensive at around $300USD BUT it has 40 steps which is perfect for headphone listening because it gives you very fine control.

The Audionote version is (I think) $450 USD it has 48 steps and Rhodium on Silver contact brushes with an auto cleaning mechanism. It's made by KO-ON Japan.

I plan to try TKD one day or maybe the TKD pot...

Jun 30, 2002 at 11:47 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by evilcthul

I plan to try TKD one day or maybe the TKD pot...

I already have the TKD pot but thinking of going to the next step and get a stepped attenuator. BTW, the TKD pot is already an attenuator as it uses resistor in series. I've already opened it so I know.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jayel

Jul 1, 2002 at 12:46 AM Post #5 of 6
Jarthel,

How many steps does it have ? If it's a resistor in series then that's no good because for me the whole purpose of getting a pot is the seemingly infinite degree of fine control.

Jul 1, 2002 at 12:55 AM Post #6 of 6
I counted 21 steps. I'm not sure if it has set db/step but the volume change is quite fine to my perception.

I have read the the TKD pot is a step below the big brother. The difference is not the big.

Jayel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back