whats the best sounding mp3/hd or mp3/cd player for x-mas?
Nov 11, 2001 at 11:45 AM Post #2 of 4
You could do a lot worse than the Iriver2. In many ways I think this is the most cost effective way of enjoying your MP3 collection without either running out of space or spending a fortune on memory cards.

The Iriver2 features an excellent in-line remote control which displays virtually everything that the main unit does, it goes loud, is well matched with the 888's (more on that later) and has a reasonably good battery life.

If you have the kit to support it, I'm reading some excellent things about the Ipod player from Apple - the only thing that bother me about this player (and the one's from Sony) is the proprietory software which comes supplied which puts copyright limits on the number of times you can download. I'm not sure if the Apple player has this problem but the Sony one's do.

I hope this helps.

Nov 12, 2001 at 3:46 AM Post #3 of 4
I don't think the iPod has the download limits you were talking about.

Bob
biggrin.gif

Nov 12, 2001 at 11:30 PM Post #4 of 4
I like the Archos Recorder. Its nice, a little bigger and fatter than the iPod. Nice sound quality too. More in depth stuff was mentioned earlier and I'm too lazy to re type it... I'm sure you can fine it if you do a search for "archos recorder" or just archos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back