What's the best phone you ever heard out of balanced desktop with DAC
Aug 7, 2008 at 9:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bunbut

100+ Head-Fier
I just wondering what is the best headphones you ever heard, or whatever phones you spend time with out of the HR balanced desktop with DAC. You can tell me the second, third best also. Sorry if it is a stupid question, or post in the wrong place

Thank you

Aug 8, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #2 of 4
Had the HR balanced for a brief time along side my Supra XLR so my experience with that one is somewhat limited. At that time, the full sized cans I owned were the PS-1, HD600, HD650, 701 and Denon 5000's. Running balanced I enjoyed the 650's the most while the PS-1's were my hands down favorites in SE mode.

Aug 8, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #3 of 4
Personally, for me its an HD650 or AKG k701 toss-up ... they both sound superb in balanced-drive mode and each of their respective audio 'strengths' only further improve imho -- the Senns get some tighter textured focus in the lows and an improved clean extension at the top, while the k701s get tonally uber-smooth and very soundstage-expansive while gaining a tiny bit more bass heft in their bottom-end...
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 9, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #4 of 4
HD650s sound terrific to me through the Desktop Balanced. I've got a pair of balanced DX1000s coming soon which may or may not sound better as balanced phones. I've also heard good things about balanced RS1s through this amp.

best,

o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back