What's the "best" open back headphone for $580 or under?
Dec 13, 2015 at 8:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BarbecueGamer

100+ Head-Fier
I'm still very much a noob to this hobby and haven't heard much of anything high quality before besides the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0. So I'm not really sure what sound signature I like, I just know I love and listen to almost all genres of music. I understand it might be difficult to recommend me a headphone just based off that. I just want something that sounds miles ahead of anything I've ever heard before, the best being the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 that I use to own. Something that will give me goosebumps and make my jaw drop. I would truly appreciate it if anyone could try their best to recommend me a $580 open back headphone. I also have $300 to spend on a DAC/Amp. One headphone I was thinking about was Audio-Technica's flagship the AD2000x with the OPPO HA-2 DAC/Amp. Because I sure would love to get a portable DAC/Amp, not so I can listen to the headphones on a train or anything, but simply so I can use them off my phone and take them from place to place easily. Anyway, thank you so much to everyone who took the time to read all this and I hope to get your advice. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #3 of 5
If you can get it maybe the he 560 you might get lucky and get it for around 550.00

That would be awesome to find it at around that price. I'd definitely consider it. I wish they still sold the HE-500 brand new, it seems like most folks prefer that over the newer 560. Thank you for the suggestion! I really appreciate it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back