Whats the Best music that give headphones/speakers its maximum performance?
Mar 26, 2002 at 7:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

kenchi1983

100+ Head-Fier
Just wanna ask, so is there any type of music that makes ure headphone or speakers sound especially good? like any music makers?

im currently listening to Cornelius, and the sound he (Keigo Oyamada) makes are so good. didnt even know my comp speakers can sound so good.

thank you for anyone that gives me some sound makers.

Mar 26, 2002 at 1:05 PM Post #2 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by kenchi1983
Just wanna ask, so is there any type of music that makes ure headphone or speakers sound especially good? like any music makers?
thank you for anyone that gives me some sound makers.

Do they have to look good as well?

Mar 26, 2002 at 1:22 PM Post #3 of 15
hehe it is a rather odd question..
biggrin.gif

Mar 26, 2002 at 1:23 PM Post #4 of 15
The answer is to be found within your favorite music. If it doesn't sound good with the music you listen to the most, maximum performance doesn't mean a damn thing...

Mar 26, 2002 at 4:42 PM Post #5 of 15
it's not that weird! Kenchi wants to test the limits of his speakers/phones to their fullest. Problem with this though, Kenchi, is that if I for instance say "try Opeth" then you will have a CD that gives you a wide range of sounds, though in a genre (progressive death metal) that you might completely hate. So your speakers/phones would have a nice workout, but you still wouldn't be happy...(I do recommend Opeth in general; the wide range of vocals and blend of acoustic/amplified guitars is indeed unique and sonically interesting.)

Moral of the story: do what Audio&Me says: enjoy your own favorite music and compare headphones on how they sound with your own favorite stuff.

smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 27, 2002 at 5:11 AM Post #6 of 15
For headphones, you can't go wrong with Jean-Michel Jarre. Especially Equinoxe and Oxygene. Try to track down the French remasters if at all possible.

Mar 27, 2002 at 5:45 AM Post #7 of 15
yep its not weird at all, i just want some recommedations .....of good music....that makes ure headphones sound good. not necessary a silly question.

Jean-Michel Jarre--im trying them out.....mp3s the best i can do.

i might as well try Opeth.

"blend of acoustic/amplified guitars is indeed unique and sonically interesting" i like these kind of music.....where i can listen clearly to all the insturments used, unfortunately---im still not sure what each instrument is called that makes a particular sound.

So anyone, please do advise me on some audio satisfying tracks.

If anyone has listened to Cornelius, what music is this called?

Im still a young adult thats trying to be as open to music as possible.....and also at the same moment to stay away from any thing that u can hear on tv, or popular radio (still there are some non commercial local stations i enjoy listening to, like theres one station in Berkeley----its called KLX or something)

thanks for the help, and i do hope...i will get more suggestions from 'u' avid listeners.
wink.gif

Mar 27, 2002 at 5:52 AM Post #9 of 15
hahhaha, is that a joke?

of course i dont have any tracks of them.........ive listened to ken G before (long long time ago).......plus, hes done a track with a HK popular singer. not good.

currently, i want music thats in style with Cornelius. sorry if im repeating.

and im not into " blondish curly long haired music"

Mar 27, 2002 at 6:02 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by kenchi1983
hahhaha, is that a joke?
of course i dont have any tracks of them.........
currently, i want music thats in style with Cornelius. sorry if im repeating.
and im not into " blondish curly long haired music"

Okay, try Kari Bremnes's Gate ved gate, the HD 600 bass from the iPod will let the feeling speaks for itself.
tongue.gif

Mar 27, 2002 at 6:36 AM Post #11 of 15
HAHA!! Very good BenG! Yes-- definitely avoid anybody who STILL has the classic 80's "permullet" style cut, especially Kenny G. and Michael Bolton. I don't want it to sound like I'm saying there music is bad, but there music is bad.

Mar 28, 2002 at 12:11 AM Post #13 of 15
try michael brook's "cobalt blue"; great production, some very deep bass, lots of percussion, and plenty of atmosphere. no singing, though.

Mar 28, 2002 at 5:08 AM Post #14 of 15
Micky Hart's Planet Drum. Excellent bass and percussion workout and entertaining to boot...
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back